Marco Reus - Im Sorry

request for rani ♡

enjoy :)

---

Marco was the love of my life, or so i thought. he made me feel so happy and loved, until this very moment.

i stood there, in the middle of our kitchen, holding the side of my face. my skin was bright red and hot.

he hit me.

we were having such a nice and calm day when we started fighting out of nowhere, and for a stupid reason that i don't even remember because all of that faded away once his hand landed on my cheek.

as soon as it happened, marco instantly recoiled and realized what he did. his eyes filled with ssorrow and regret as he lunged towards me and grabbed my hands and tried to wipe away a single tear that had fallen out of my eyes.

i pushed him away and he took a step backwards giving me space.

"i don't think i can do this anymore." i stated as calmly as i could looking at the floor.

"rani, i didn't mean it please forgive me. i love you i didn't mean it." he said as his eyes becoming glossy and tear filled.

"i'm sorry i just.. i just can't do this." i said then grabbed my keys and phone then ran out of the apartment and to my car.

i didn't know where i was going, but it was hopefully somewhere marco couldn't find me.

---

i ended up at my friends house on the other side of the city. i felt a lot better there, but for some reason i still missed marco a lot but i knew this was for my own good.

the fight was over two weeks ago and not a day goes by that i don't think about the look on his face when he hit me. it went from complete anger and rage to utter sorrow and regret.

but the fact that he hit me made me realize that our relationship was not healthy anymore. we had been getting into countless arguments and he had almost hit me a few other times, but the second he did, i knew it was over.

my friend and i where currently sitting on her couch watching tv when i realized that i had forgot something really important at marcos house when i went and got my things, my necklace that my mother got from my grandmother that i would eventually pass down also.

i don't know how i forgot it, but i'm pretty forgetful so it's not that surprising.

he was at a game when i went to get my things. i didn't want him to see me or me to see him.

i checked to see when the next time dortmund was playing, that's when i'd go because i still don't want to face him.

i saw that they play on saturday so i made sure i had nothing going on that day so i could retrieve the necklace.

---

i hesitantly got out of my car that was currently parked at marco's house. i have no idea why i'm so nervous about this, he's not there.

i started to walk up to the apartment and pulled out my key that i still had.

the door swung open and i was greeted with a seemingly empty apartment. a wave of uncertainty washed over me.

when i took a step into the apartment and instantly, the stong scent of alcohol hit mex it confused me because marco never drank.

i looked around the room only to see empty alcohol bottles scattered everywhere. what has gotten into him?

i decided to head towards the bedroom to look for my necklace. sure enough, i left it right on the dresser. i picked it up and put it around my neck.