새로운 숨을 쉬어

Catching one after another is her breathe, and her heartbeat is skipping endlessly

Catching one after another is her breathe, and her heartbeat is skipping endlessly. She dropped herself low, pulling her knees to her chest and started bursting into a desperate cry even though she's still panting.

"Out of all people." She buried her face between her knees, "why me?"

She was about to run off when someone stopped her, staring at her with his dark eyes, "its night. A lady should not be alone, in an alley, in her.. pyjama?"

Trembling in fear and surrounded by worries, she braced herself up, "someone is after me." She half whispered, her voice is shaky, her eyes shows fear, "I don't know who is it." Taking both of his hands, "h-help."

"Is it the guy with.. ninja masks?" He asked. The girl widened her eyes at the sudden question, she pulled her hands off from the young lad's grip, preparing to run off when the guy pulled her close.

"He's coming. Stay."

His short order made her stop, and she's suddenly pushed towards the wall, trapping her small figure with his hands each on her sides, as he lowers his head. Due to the light, she couldn't see his face properly, and her fear just keeps increasing.

"Play along." He whispered right into her ear. Narrowing the distance between both of them, she could feel his breathe. His ticklish breathe, the tip of his nose in contact with her neck, and her whole system has this electrifying feelings flowing through. "I said play along." he sternly whispered. "Lift your head up."

She surrendered, following every order he gave obediently.

The light footsteps are heard loud and clear for awhile, before it stops and disappears with a quicker pace sound. With that, he stood up straight, gently squeezing her shoulder, "you're not safe."

His last words before she passed out was probably the thing she refused to hear the most.

The night was indeed long enough for her to stay as a tired girl who passed out after the whole incident that could just risk her life. She woke up in an unknown room, not even a hospital, but a very home-like.

"You're awake." The familiar voice she heard yesterday got her guards up. She pulled the blankets provided close to herself.

"I'm sorry for being too touchy and intimate during our first meeting." He walked closer to her offering a handshake naturally, "Hwang Min Hyun." He said. "Can't tell you about my identity if you can't tell me what happen."

"K-Kim Seul Hee." Her voice sounds barely audible. Seul Hee sighed, she lost her voice maybe because she's physically exhausted and mentally afraid.

Min Hyun smiled softly. "Take it easy, lady. You're probably too shock. Hope you won't be so surprised if you should meet my friends." He hands her a glass of mineral water.

Seul Hee nodded, mouthing her gratitude and trying to speak louder after she drank some water.

"Kim. Seul. Hee." She mentioned her name one more time, clearer than before since she emphasised each word from her name. Min Hyun hummed at it, "nice name."

Lowering himself a little to have an eye contact, Min Hyun stared at her with a smile, "didn't know you're this beautiful." He praised. Seul Hee frowned, "didn't know you're this flirty." She replied coldly, boldly staring back at his eyes. Min Hyun simply scoffed, shrugging and taking a notebook from the nearest table.

"Now, Lady Seul Hee. Please answer my questions precisely." He cleared his throat, "the reason of your visit to Korea?"

Seul Hee stayed in silence, "you're not even a police." She muttered. "Privacy."

"Jin Shen Xi. Is that your name? You're Korean, your mom is Korean, but you're in China since you were born. Your step brother is Jin Long Guo." Seul Hee froze at the question, she narrowed her eyes, sitting straight, "who are you?" she asked. "Stop invading my privacy."

"You lost your brother."

As if she's half dead, Seul Hee is now feeling sick, and very shocked. "Shut up."

Min Hyun nodded, taking his phone from his pants pocket, and pressing some buttons before putting it on his ear.

"Yongguk, I found your sister." He said.

Seul Hee was once again in shock, "y-you know my brother." She stuttered, "we were separated."

Min Hyun pulled a chair, spinning it around and sat on it, "we know more than you do." He started, "we know the reason of why are you chased. You're just a tourist with a free ticket a few hours ago."

Seul Hee started breathing heavily as she started feeling more nervous, "what do you want?" She asked.

"Calm down, my lady. We're not the bad guys here." Min Hyun rolled his eyes. "You're safe here, so don't be afraid." He said. "Mind telling me about last night events?" Min Hyun raised his eyebrow, combing his dark hair with his hands.

Strangely, Seul Hee couldn't focus to the question as her heartbeat increases in a second, pursing her pale lips together, "I-I was.."

She sighed. The events last night are fresh in her mind, but she wants to erase it. "There's just this someone who knocks on my hotel room door and I opened it, thinking that its a staff, but.. it wasn't."

"The stranger started attacking me, but I know that whoever it is, the person is holding back his or her punches. I don't know why did I went out of my room, but that leads to the street chase. It was a chaos." Her eyes showed that her chase last night was indeed a freaky event.

He nodded, "enough for now, we should just wait for my friends. They must've feel like hearing this interesting story." Min Hyun smirked, "wait patiently."

[ to be
continued ]

How is it? Thanks for the support!!
More characters coming up (: