열다섯

--
"You've met Namjoon and Seokjin, haven't you?"

Yoongi could definitely tell that the human had met Pride and Greed, even before he had opened his mouth. His hair was obviously styled by Seokjin, the ironed white button up that he wore was quite the contrast to the wrinkled t-shirts he was usually seen in. The jewellery on his fingers and wrists, and the new diamond studs in his ears was the dead giveaway though.

The only thing that looked familiar to what Yoongi remembered him as, was the oversized black hoodie that he wore overtop of his shirt.

Jungkook quirked an eyebrow, leaning against the doorway to Yoongi and Jimin's apartment.

"Why do you ask?" He asked, adjusting the rounded glasses that he now donned as well. "You're right, but how'd you guess?"

"I can just tell." Yoongi sighed, stepping to the side and allowing Jungkook to walk in. "I haven't seen you around in quite a bit. How's life without obsessing over Jimin?"

Jungkook narrowed his eyes.

"I just needed time to refresh." He huffed. "There was too much going on with all of you, too many secrets and things that I wasn't allowed to know."

Yoongi shrugged.

"Fair enough." He answered, leaning against the wall and watching as Jungkook kicked off his shoes - a action that said he planned on staying for awhile. "But that's not going to change anytime soon, so why are you back?"

"Why am I back?" Jungkook sighed, taking his glasses of and tucking them into his shirt pocket. "I know you're going to scoff at this but, I'm back because I missed Jimin." He huffed. "I know that it's stupid, because we hardly even know each other, but I don't know how to explain what's going on up here." He chuckled softly and tapped his own head.

"Maybe you can get him to talk today." Yoongi sighed, crossing his arms over his chest. "He won't tell me exactly what happened, although I can make a educated guess, but last night something not too great happened to him." He watched as Jungkook lips turned into a frown. "He's spoken... About two sentences to me today. Maybe you can crack him."

Jungkook gulped.

"Is he alright?" He asked, Yoongi sighing and shrugging.

"Go find out." He answered, Jungkook nodding before turning on his heel and walking in the direction of Jimin's bedroom.

He took a deep breath once he reached the doorway to it, taking a moment before he pushed it open.

His frown immediately deepened the moment he laid eyes on the older. All he wore was a pair of boxers and a t-shirt, curled up into a ball in the middle of his bed. His arms, wrists, and neck were all littered in bruises. His bottom lip looked swollen, and his cheeks were blotchy.

"Jimin." He spoke softly, watching as the older's eyes fluttered open at the mention of his name.

"Jungkook." Jimin immediately answered, voice raw as he spoke. "You're here."

"I'm here." Jungkook nodded, walking closer and sitting down next to Jimin. He leaned down and wrapped his arm around the older, pulling him up gently into a sitting position. "What happened, baby?" The nickname rolled off of Jungkook's tongue before he could give it a second though, and it caused Jimin's face to tint a light shade of pink.

He was trying his best not to cry again, but Jungkook's gentle touches contrasted how he was treated the night before so greatly. Being cared for, after being treated like nothing was something that was so hard for Jimin's brain to respond to.

He buried his head into Jungkook's shoulder, clutching at the fabric at the back of Jungkook's shirt and sniffling. He breathed in the distinct cologne that Jungkook always wore; one that he never really paid attention to until then, but also one that he never thought he'd miss.

Until then.

Jimin hadn't realized how much he liked Jungkook's cologne until then.

"What happened?" Jungkook slipped off the bracelets Namjoon gave him and set them on Jimin's dresser, not wanting the jewellery to dig into Jimin's back as he pulled him closer. "Oh Jimin, what did you do?"

Jimin leaned into Jungkook's touch as the younger rubbed his thumb against Jimin's cheek soothingly. "I wanted to come back and take you out you know? What were you up to while I was gone?" Jimin sniffled, intaking a sharp breath when Jungkook pressed his thumb against his bottom lip; which was still swollen and bruised from the night before.

Jungkook took in Jimin appearance more, frowing at how rough he looked. His hair was not only messed up, but it looked so dead. It looked so frail, which was proved to be true when Jungkook reached up and touched it, some strands breaking off as he pet Jimin's hair soothingly.

He tried his best not to get too worried.

"Not everybody is as nice as you are, Jungkook." Jimin sighed, blinking back a few tears as he nuzzled his head into the crook of Jungkook's neck. "Not everybody cares. Some people are mean. So so mean."

Jungkook hated how hurt Jimin sounded, frowning and pressing a soft kiss against Jimin's forehead.

Much like Jimin had done when he was hurt, and in need of care.

Jungkook leaned away from Jimin and slipped his sweater off, before draping it over the older. Partially because Jimin was in a t-shirt and Jungkook could feel him shaking, partially because he couldn't stand to see his bruised arms and wrists any more.

The bruises on his neck were enough to have Jungkook's stomach turning.

He pulled the hood over Jimin's head, smiling softly and brushing a few strands of hair out of Jimin's eyes.

"I'm not nearly as nice as it gets, Hyung." He sighed. "But I can try to be, if you'd like."

"What I'd like is for you to just be yourself." Jimin shrugged, taking hold of Jungkook's hand and squeezing it. "I've found that I don't mind what you're doing, I just like you."

Jungkook smiled and pulled Jimin in for another hug.

But comfort from him was the last thing that Jimin needed to heal.

The demon coughed a few times, fisting his hands into the fabric at the back of Jungkook's shirt as he felt a sharp pain strike his chest. He bit his lip and squeezed his eyes shut before a more violent cough racked through him, causing Jungkook to take notice as he began to rub circles against his back.

"You alright, Jimin-Hyung?" Jungkook asked worriedly, noticing the way that Jimin had began to tremble once more.

And Jimin nodded wordlessly.

He knew that if he spoke, Jungkook would be able to detect the lies that were leaving his mouth.

--