스몰넷

--
"Jimin, why are you doing this to yourself?"

Jimin frowned and looked up, meeting Yoongi's gaze.

He knew that the other demon was talking about his relationship with Jungkook, because although he hadn't said anything about it he knew that he was dying. He knew, that him being a demon and loving a human was sucking every inch of life out of him.

From the way he was progressing he was sure he'd be dead in month at most. Before, Jungkook had to deliberately do something to trigger a reaction from his body. A hug, a kiss, kind words, or even just a meaningful look would strike pain into his chest, a stringing burn fizzling throughout his entire body.

There was the coughs as well, feeling like his bones were cracking with each one. There was always blood that came with them, gradually becoming more and more with each fit.

Now all he had to do was think about the younger and his chest would burn, aching each time he breathed.

It went away when he and Jungkook had sex of course, because that was what he was made for after all, so when he indulged in it he felt healthier - albeit only for a little while. The weakness would always set back in, as would the pain. It never left, just dulled down for a bit.

He was going to die for Jungkook, but he was okay with that. He had come to terms with it.

But nonetheless, he still asked;

"Doing what, Yoongi?" His voice was soft, his body curled up into a ball on their couch. Everything hurt, he couldn't will himself to move.

Yoongi's frown deepened, and he walked closer to the other demon; sitting down next to him and sighing.

"You know he's killing you, right Jimin?" He asked slowly, brushing his hands through Jimin's hair. The strands came out in clumps now; hair so dead that it could hardly even stay on his head. "You know you're going to die, don't you?"

Jimin nodded softly, hands trembling softly as he reached out to hold Yoongi's other hand. He just needed some soft of comfort, though he knew it was bad for him.

"I know." He whispered.

To Jimin's surprise, Yoongi's fingers curled around his hand and squeezed it softly.

"Then why are you still going to see him?" Yoongi persisted. "Why is he so worth it, that you're willing to give everything up for him?"

Jimin was silent for a few moments, focusing on the feeling of Yoongi's thumb rubbing gently against his palm. He knew that it must be hard for Yoongi to even do this, he was wrath after all, and had once said that being kind caused a persistent itch underneath his skin that wouldn't cease until he reverted back to his intended state.

But he was enduring it for Jimin, and that made the smaller demon smile softly.

"Because I love him, Yoongi." A single tear rolled down Jimin's cheek, sliding off of his chin and dripping onto his and Yoongi's hands. "I love him so much. A-And I don't know how to stop. When I'm around him it hurts, and when I'm not... It hurts even more." More tears escaped his eyes as the pain in his chest became sharper with each word he spoke.

He coughed a few times, grip tightening on Yoongi's hand as his weak body shook with each one. He tasted the metallic taste on his tongue before he felt the blood drip past his lips.

And he was getting tired of trying at this point, but he would for Jungkook.

Yoongi's frown deepened even further, and he moved his free hand to wipe the blood off of Jimin's lips. He had never seen a demon die before, and never would've imagined that it would be this agonizing.

"The devil always said that your looks could kill, Jimin." He spoke softly. "But you're the one who's dying."

-

"Jungkook, I know that we've had some disagreements but if you don't listen to me I..."

Jungkook watched with wide eyes as tears welled up in Yoongi's eyes. "I don't know what I'm going to do!" He had walked past the demon in the hallway on his way to see Jimin, but didn't expect Yoongi to stop him.

He observed the demon's trembling hands, furrowed eyebrows and fighting back tears as hard as he could. "How can you know that you're killing him, and still willingly go see him? You're fucking cruel." Yoongi spat.

He sounded more angry then anything else, which made sense. He was wrath after all, so sadness was probably converted into anger; immediately looking for someone to blame and be mad at.

"Yoongi I-"

"You must be a sadist." Yoongi growled, not letting Jungkook getting a word in and backing the younger up against a wall in the hallway. "If you loved him, you'd be long gone by now; you're actually just a selfish bastard who doesn't care about Jimin's well being so long as he's there to kiss your ass."

Jungkook gulped, sweat beading at his skin as he stared into Yoongi's eyes; fiery red and blazing with rage. He had never seen him get this mad, and it was terrifying.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook's voice was quiet, and the apology immediately sounded stupid after he said it, because he knew that Yoongi wouldn't accept it.

"Your words don't mean jack shit to me Jungkook." The demon sneered. "A real apology from you would be us never seeing you around here again."

Jungkook swallowed thickly and looked away from Yoongi's piercing gaze.

"It's hard to." He whispered. "Human emotions are tricky. When we want something so badly, sometimes it doesn't matter if it's wrong or not." He exhaled. "Especially with love. We're selfish. We want the person we love to ourselves, we never want to let them go; even if that would be what's best for them."

Yoongi scowled.

"A selfish human and a lovesick demon." He mumbled. "A completely parasitic relationship."

Jungkook frowned.

"What do you mean?" He asked, Yoongi shrugging.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. "Healthy? No aches or pains? Hair not falling out?" Jungkook looked down. "Must feel nice. Jimin can't say the same, and it's all your fault." Yoongi leaned in closed, Jungkook's eyes widening. "If-" He paused. "When he dies it's going to be all your fault, and I don't ever want you to forget that."

Jungkook's heart completely sunk, chest feeling heavy as the gravity of the situation set in.

"I'm sorry." He repeated, Yoongi shaking his head.

"I don't want to hear it." He huffed. "If you're really sorry, you know what to do." He nodded his head at the door a few feet from them; his and Jimin's apartment.

And Jungkook did know what to do.

But it was so hard, for a selfish human like him.

--