Chapter Two: One Person In My Life Actually Is Who He's Supposed To Be

Hello! Whew, last week was the longest week ever, I'm still exhausted from it and I literally slept for 90% of yesterday. Plus I got sick :( I need to get my immune system checked out, I swear. Anyway, here's the next chapter, I really hope you like it. I think it's kinda ehhh but hopefully the action will kick in soon. In the meantime, please comment and tell me what you think! :)

Pic of Patrick ---->

Gracias! <3 vb123321

Chapter Two

One Person In My Life Actually Is Who He’s Supposed To Be

I thought I slept pretty late that Sunday morning, since we had gone to the four-thirty Mass on Saturday, but when I stumbled out of my bedroom to the kitchen, Zach still snored softly from the couch. He had passed out before The Lion King even ended, which just cemented that he clearly hadn’t grown up with Disney. My mom had found him a blanket and worried about him for a solid hour before Patrick convinced her to just let him sleep.

Now he lay on his back with his good arm thrown over his face, dead to the world as the morning light filtered through the living room window’s icicles. I resisted the urge to take a picture of him cuddled in the Sesame Street blanket, instead walking into the kitchen and collapsing at the table next to Patrick. He nursed a cup of coffee, yawning widely, as my mom flipped pancakes on the stove.

“Morning,” Patrick greeted me, ruffling his blonde hair. I mumbled something in return, my attention taken up by the amazing smell of breakfast. A second later, my mom deposited plates of pancakes in front of us and we dug in with gusto.

“How are they?” my mom asked anxiously, watching Patrick eat.

“Amazing,” he said thickly, flashing her a thumb’s-up, and I laughed at the enthusiasm on his face. I guess spies didn’t get to eat homemade pancakes very often.

I smeared butter across mine. “So what are you going to do?”

Patrick took his time chewing, his eyes uncertain. “I think we have to wait for Zach to wake up,” he said after a moment. “I don’t really know what’s going through his head right now – he thinks I know something about Pazzini when I really don’t. I’m hoping he’s just sleep-deprived and this’ll help him out.”

My mom pressed her lips together, shaking her head. “I should have a word with Jer about what he’s done to that boy. It should not be allowed.”

“It’s not really Jer,” said Patrick, sighing. “Jer’s not in charge of the whole CIA.”

I stabbed a piece of pancake. “What, does the freaking president want Zach?”

“No, but you don’t really understand how our system works. If you knew who Connor Sullivan was and what kind of things he was capable of doing, you wouldn’t want Zach just running loose, either. Especially now that we’ve shown him some of our agency’s stuff.” Patrick gave me an irritated look. “Now stop ruining my breakfast, okay?”

My mom began running water over some dishes. “Well, I still think the whole thing is ridiculous,” she said disapprovingly. “The poor thing isn’t even out of high school!”