Chapter Seven: No Use Crying Over Spilt Hot Chocolate

Happy Memorial Day! Big thank you to all those who have served for our country, or for any country. Without them, we wouldn't be here today :) Well, I told you I'd update today, so here I am! I actually finished this at like 1 am last night but yeah. I had such a great writing spree this weekend, for my other story "No Heroes Allowed" too (check that off si quieres) so I'm really happy :D Hope y'all had a great weekend! Please shoot me a comment and a vote, tell me what you think!

Pic of Jack ---->

Gracias! <3 vb123321

Chapter Seven

No Use Crying Over Spilt Hot Chocolate

“Why the heck didn’t you tell me Jack’s a girl?” I demanded, turning to face Patrick as Zach disappeared into the cabin.

The blonde agent looked a little guilty, holding up a hand to his lips. “Shh, Nat, don’t make so much noise.” His blue eyes flicked over to the cabin. “Sorry – I guess I should’ve told you – but I thought the less you knew about the hacker, the better. Besides, it was pretty funny when you just assumed she was a guy.”

He smirked, and I glared at him. “Patrick, I am so not in the mood for that.”

“Aw, are you jealous?”

“What – no!” I blushed, my cheeks warming in the cold air, and he gave me a knowing look. I rolled my eyes, looking back at the cabin, and then I couldn’t help asking, “But how old is she? And how does Zach know her?”

Patrick grinned. “You’ll have to ask her. Oh look – the door’s opening again…”

He tensed up again, his hand deep in his pocket, and I tried to concentrate on the possible danger of the situation, rather than Jack’s lips on Zach’s face. Because, truthfully, that kinda made me feel homicidal, even though I didn’t really have a right to. It wasn’t like Zach had asked me to be his girlfriend or anything – he hadn’t even kissed me in ages.

Instinctively Patrick and I both stepped behind our trees as someone stepped out the door of the cabin, relaxing a little when we saw that it was only Zach. He looked our way, waving with one hand for us to come on in. Even before Patrick and I emerged from the trees, he had already gone back inside.

I sighed, my breath coming out a little white puff, and then followed Patrick through branches and snow towards the cabin, stepping in Zach’s footprints so that my Uggs didn’t get even wetter. We paused for a moment by the door – Patrick still looked uncertain – but then he pushed it open decisively.

A blast of warm air greeted us, and almost by impulse we walked inside. The room was small and sparsely furnished, with a blazing fire that radiated heat. Glancing around, I could see a tiny kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom made up the rest of the cabin. My body began to relax immediately in the warmth as Patrick closed the door carefully behind him, though I wanted to stay aware, and my fingers and toes started to tingle again. Though that might have been because I saw the smile on Zach’s face as he said,

“Guys, this is Jack.”

“Hello,” said Patrick neutrally, nodding, but I couldn’t speak.