Chapter Twelve: Knowing Zach Sullivan

Okay, I feel super radical, I'm updating only 14 hours later and I really feel so unsure about this because I'm so afraid people will miss the other update aklsjfldsjflk blah. But I have to because I leave in like an hour and a half so I have to give this to you guys. And then hopefully the last chapter will come tomorrow or Monday or sometime next week. I'll try my best but I'll be working and might not have time to upload. Anyway, please enjoy this chapter and please, please comment and tell me what you think :) This story is so close to being done, it makes me kind of sad, but happy too. Thanks so much for supporting me for so long!! I love you all.

Pic of Zach -----> because I'm kinda in love with him right now. Which is weird.

Gracias! <3 vb123321

Chapter Twelve

Knowing Zach Sullivan

Jer refused to let me stay at the hospital after that. To be honest, I don’t really remember much of what happened after he arrived, just loads of swearing and shouting and questions that I didn’t want to answer. Four in the morning was approaching, I was exhausted and teary and hungry, and so when Jer suggested I go home, I actually agreed.

I fully expected my mom to flip out when I arrived home around five a.m., but she just helped me pull off all my winter clothing and get into bed. I’d heard the saying of falling asleep right when your head hits the pillow, but I had been skeptical of it until that day, because within seconds I was gone from this universe.

That day was basically spent with me sleeping soundly, waking up to eat dinner, and hearing that school had somehow been cancelled again on Wednesday. My mom was, ironically, pretty happy about that, because she was super worried about me getting enough rest. She shouldn’t have – I spent about five minutes rejoicing before going back to bed and sleeping clean to the morning; I couldn’t remember ever sleeping so long.

It took almost an hour of arguing with my mom the following morning, and then another half hour of arguing with Jer over the phone, but finally I was driven back to the hospital and joined Jer in the waiting room. The shadows under his eyes had deepened, though the doctor had made him get some sleep and had given him pain meds for his leg, and he looked majorly stressed. He had been rushing back and forth from Spot A and the hospital all day.

“No change,” he told me. “Emily’s going to be fine, though, just a clean shoulder shot. No one else was seriously injured, just a few cops with some clean wounds, too. It’s a miracle Pazzini didn’t decide to kill everyone.”

I sank down on the bench next to him. “Where’s Patrick? Did he get shot again?”

“He’s fine,” Jer assured me. “He refuses go back to Chicago until Zach wakes up, so he’s doing some stuff for me at Spot A right now with Hunter.”

“And where’s Pazzini now? Spot A?”

“Can’t tell you that, Nats.” Jer put his arm around me. “Just because you kicked his ass doesn’t mean you get to know everything now. Did I ever tell you good job for that?”

Grinning, I rested my head against his shoulder. “I did awesome, didn’t I?”