Chapter Seven - Working Things Out

Aaron's POV

"I just... I don't know. He got trapped in my closet, he spies on me which is kinda creepy to be honest... And how he loves me? How do you love a guy you barely know! He doesn't even know wha--" I stopped myself. I realized last night that he does know what I look like. He's seen my stupid messy hair that I still think looks cool on me from my angsty teen years.

"That's pretty weird... But if he's stuck in your closet maybe you should talk it out with him or something since it sounds pretty awkward coming home," Ivy suggested. He was up visiting me from Kyoto (really cool city), Japan.

Ivy's been my best friend for five years now. I don't make any final decisions without him. Right now we were sitting on a couple of swings in the middle of the night just talking. He's like my life coach to be honest. TBH AS THE COOL KIDS (jordan) SAY. But this time I couldn't help but feel like he was wrong.

"I mean...." I paused, not really sure if I could pitch the idea or not. "I could just ignore him." I shrugged, acting like that didn't bother me at all.

"Could you really? He's a stranger living in your closet. He hears everything you say and possibly sees you." He has a point but that's not going to stop be from denying it.

"I could... Move!" I sprung up from the swing, as if I struck gold. "I could move out and never have to see him.... Hear him again..." I mumbled the last part cause even I knew that was a dumb idea.

Ivy chuckled and shook his head, "Alright."

"Life coach please! I need you're literal advice! What you think man, yah know. You're not helping right now.." I crossed my arms like a child and sat back DOWN ON THE SWING.

"I told you what to do but if you wanna move out..." he shrugged. It sounded like he was trying to play mind games with me and I wasn't letting this guy win.

"Fine I'll move out.." I retorted, smirking at him.

Ivy smiled, humored.

"Work with me!" I yelled, letting out a sigh. Throwing my arms into the air.

"Then take a breather and go talk to him later."

"Fine." I gave in, getting up from the swing and walking off.

"Wait, let me come with you. Moral support, yo." I glanced back at him, remembering that he was my visitor and I was meant to host him.

"I mean you're staying over anyways so let's go." I waved for him to follow along and he did so.

We arrived at the dorm room at around two o'clock in the morning so I just quietly opened the door not wanting to wake anyone up.

"Shhh" I whispered back to Ivy as I tiptoed into the doorway.

A voice cut through the darkness as a hoarse voice was heard from the closet door. "Look, I know you're mad, but you don't have to say 'shh' as you walk in. It sounds ridiculous." He sounded upset and hurt, using sass to cover it up.

"I wasn't saying that because of you nimrod." I snapped, slamming the door shut... just quietly..

Basil let out an annoyed sigh. "Yeah, whatever. I don't care who it was for. You were probably talking to yourself."

Ivy cleared his throat, "Um, hi?" Ivy awkwardly waved as if Basil could see him from that angle.

"Oh, you bringing home your boyfriend now?" Basil snapped. "I get it. I'll go to bed and cover my ears if you guys need privacy."

"Oh my god calm your shit, dude." I groaned. " He's not my boyfriend he's a friend. Don't you have those?" I remarked, clearly trying to provoke him.