Chapter Twelve - Love Isn't A Plan

Aaron POV

"Alright, you ready for that date?" I smiled, looking myself up and down in the mirror.

For once I felt good about myself. I looked sophisticated for once in my life.

"Heh yeah..." Basil replied. He seemed to be out of it today for some reason.

I decided to ignore that as we just made our way down to my car instead this time. My car was a better car let's just say that. I drove us to a place in New York called "Aquavit". It was a really expensive restaurant but I like to treat my dates nicely.

"Here we are!" I exclaimed, parking my car in front of the restaurant.

"Whoa, this place looks really nice..." Basil said, stepping out of the car.

"I'd hope so. The reviews said it was a four point four star restaurant." I laughed at how specific it was making it out to be.

"It seems to be expensive..." Basil started. "Are you sure that's okay? We can always just go to iHop or something..."

"Wow I already made renovations and shit." I sighed

Basil didn't say anything, he just shrugged and followed me inside. It was a really nice looking restaurant. Nothing unexpected from an almost five star restaurant.

Upon entering the building was dimly lit, tables were separated accordingly, most had only two seats, as this place was a prime location for dates. Piano music echoed from the halls as waiters and waitresses flooded the space carrying five hundred dollar steaks and other five star meals. The hostess greeted us at the front of the restaurant, leading us to our table, which was situated towards the center of everything.

I pulled out the chair for Basil as any gentleman would do. He sat down a little later than planned, not knowing that I had pulled out the chair for him and not just myself.

"Y-you didn't have to do that." Basil stated as he sat down.

"Of course I had to. You're my date tonight." I smiled warmly at him, picking up my menu to look through it. I've never actually been here myself but all the reviews were great so.

Basil's face turned red, he grabbed a menu and pretended like he wasn't blushing and hid his face behind the menu. He was kinda cute when he blushed but I wasn't going to comment on that. Instead I just smiled to myself from behind my menu and looked at all the really fancy choice I would never normally order like lobster, or duck, or shark fin soup which I'm pretty sure is illegal.

"So anything you had in mind to order?" I spoke up, still looking at my menu.

"I think I'll just have the steak." Basil replied. "You?"

"Shark fin soup... sounds gross." I commented. I thought about it more and got a disgusted face. "What kind of place serves shark fin soup illegally."

"Yeah, it's really nasty. I heard they just cut off the fins and throw back the shark. It's horrible." Basil said back, he surprisingly knew more than he let on about the subject.

"You know who doesn't serve shark fin soup? IHop." I crossed my arms. I was acting like a child in this five star restaurant but I didn't even care. I wasn't the one finning sharks.

"If you're bothered by it, we can leave." Basil responded.

"Are you not bothered by it!?" I yelled while standing up. I realized everyone was staring so I sat back down.

"I was gonna say I am bothered by it, but you already got reservations and everything I didn't want to ruin the moment." Basil admitted.

I got up without another word and started walking out of the restaurant. A waiter stopped to ask me why I was leaving so soon but I kept walking looking mad to prove a point. I wasn't really mad just sort of disgusted about the whole idea. Basil followed me a lot more calm apologizing as we left, which he shouldn't have. We did nothing wrong.