Chapter Thirteen - CheaterCheaterIceCreamEater

Basil POV

Things hadn't been the same since the imminent breakup a few days ago. I had returned to my dorm room and hadn't left it since that night. I was too embarrassed to leave the room, lying face down on my bed, face completely submerged in my pillow.

I hadn't even been out of my dorm to attend classes. My roommate was studying abroad this semester, so the dorm was all mine. Which I appreciated, since it meant more time for me to wallow in my own self-pity. Pretty sure after that little incident had earned me the reputation of being a cheater on campus, now no one, not men or women would want to date me. Wonderful.

My thoughts kept redirecting back to Aaron. Even the little things I did, like scooping ice cream or trying to reach the tallest shelf reminded me of Aaron. 'Aaron liked this' or 'Aaron would think this was funny'... kept coming into my mind. All I could think about was how much I missed him, and how much I wanted him back.

He probably hated me now. Correction: He definitely hated me now.

So here I was. Gonna waste away the rest of my days eating ice cream on the couch in this dorm room watching Netflix. I was catching up on Supernatural, cause man, Destiel is real. All I wanted to do was watch Dean go to Purgatory and see how that played out. This is all I lived for, just supernatural and ice cream as I wallowed in my sadness.

While watching Lucifer be forced back into his cage later that afternoon, I had an epiphany. I needed to get him back, because someone as special as him wasn't worth losing. I couldn't give up now.

But first I needed to find out what happened the night I was drunk. And I knew just the person who would remember the incident. And it was exactly the person that caused us to break up in the first place. I held my cell phone and dialed up the number...

"Bryce, what happened the night at the bar?" I wasn't playing around now. I needed to know. I had to know.

"Weeeeell... After a few drinks, we got in a cab, brought you back to my place and... How do I put this? Kissed." He tried to be subtle. It was embarrassingly bad.

"YOU DID WHAT?!" I yelled at the phone. I was more disgusted at myself than anything. "I didn't remember anything past having drinks at the bar...and then I remember waking up at home." I sighed.

"One, we not me solely. You weren't passed out, you were one hundred percent into it. So don't pin this all on me!"

"I'm a blackout drunk!" I defended myself. "I may act or say something but I won't be aware of it all the way!"

"And I was supposed to know that like I'm some sort of fuckin' genie!? Look, I'm sorry if you didn't want it at heart, but I asked and you said 'yes'. This is on you just as it is on me okay?" He demanded in a very demanding tone that sounded like he was demanding, dominating dialogue.

I let out a long sigh. "Yeah, I know. Then what the hell was up with the texts while I was on a date then? Weren't you...I don't know...sober?"

"How do I know when I'm drunk when I'm never sober, think about that."

I bit my lip, switching the phone to my other ear. "Okay...fair enough. But aren't you straight? Why the hell would you kiss me? What's wrong with you?!"

"Ditto."

I went silent.

"Look! I like you, we kissed and we both had a great time. Just because, we were drunk and you weren't sober enough to give and okay, doesn't make me the bad guy. The texts, my bad. And also I am bi."

I let out a long sigh, I was really close to hanging up the phone. "Well thanks anyways for answering my questions. Now the hell am I supposed to get Aaron back?"

"Do you want him back?"

"Of course I do!" I had never felt more sure in my life.

"Well then, use the old 'I was drunk as a skunk fucking a truck' excuse and then say that it was all my fault. Say anything if you want him back, I don't care, I don't even caaaare...

I care immensely."

I hung up the phone on Bryce after that. I didn't want to be involved with someone like him anymore. He was an asshole. And I didn't need that in my life. I needed to formulate my own plan on how to get Aaron back, because there's no way in hell Bryce would ever admit to doing that.

And it started by telling the truth.