Chapter Ten - The Date

Basil POV

The night of the concert rolled around and I was nervously hanging out in Bryce's dorm room. I sat cautiously on his bed as Bryce was out and about doing something, wasn't sure what. There was an arrangement Aaron had made where Ivy and him would share a room and I'd share one with Bryce. I had a dorm of my own, but staying here was simpler, at least in Aaron's perspective.

I had my phone on my lap. Aaron wasn't in the dorm, he was out at the supermarket again buying food or something. I was kind of just left in there dorm all on my own without much to do but sit and worry about the events this night had planned. For some reason, I had a bad feeling in my stomach.

I sat on my phone and texted Aaron. We had exchanged numbers earlier that day for an easier way of communicating since that guy went to the store at least three times today. Ivy kept trying to persuade him not to go but Aaron kept leaving. Ivy was out doing something as well, not sure as to what. Maybe napping. Or eating food.

From Me:

Hey, where are you?

From Aaron:

On my way, dude. Be patient

From Me:

Take your time.

Well at least he's alive. I thought to myself.

Wow, I'm starting to sound like an insane girlfriend or something. It's just a concert and I'm pretty sure he was just going with me out of pity. I was pretty pathetic anyways. I mean, I'd just spent a week in his closet, he probably thought this was insane.

This is crazy. What was I thinking? I threw myself back onto Bryce's bed and gazed up at the messages on my phone. The concert started in an hour from now, and my heart was racing. None of this makes any sense. Why'd he say yes anyways? I flipped back and forth between my texts and my homepage, constantly refreshing them. I was debating whether or not to respond to my cousin about his love problem but I doubted I would be in a good position to give advice.

I sat there for awhile on my back. I pulled up my Wattpad app and started to read random stories, just to pass the time. And the anxiety. One of the ones I was reading was rather good, except the ending made me mad. One of the characters could die and come back, while the other one died unexpectedly but not return. This turned it into an angst story instead. And the author just decided to end it there. Unbelievable.

I gazed over to the mirror on the other side of the room. It was cracked. Made sense, this was Bryce's room after all. God, I look disgusting. At this point I wasn't feeling too confident, and the concert I was looking forward to for years didn't seem all that appealing as it did four months ago when I bought the tickets.

"Honey, I'm home!" Aaron joked, walking through the door with a whole bunch of bags.

I almost flung myself off the bed and onto the floor, mainly due to the door slamming scared the heck out of me.

"Very funny." I retorted, leaving the bed and turning the doorknob into the dorm's main living room, with the kitchen included, where Aaron was unpacking groceries. There had to be at least twelve bags, doesn't this guy know you can take trips?

"What's funny about it?" Aaron put on a serious face looking up at me from groceries.

I panicked a little. "N-nothing sorry."

That's when Aaron laughed. "I was kidding dude, calm down." He soothed, getting a bag and filling it with different snacks,

I took a deep breath. "Alright. Anyways, what's all this?" I asked politely, trying to see what Aaron was unpacking.