Seven //

December the 1st.

It's 4:40 A.M and I'm slowly waking up. I put myself in a sitting position and start breathing heavily to reduce my stress.

Today is the day, the big fucking day. My very first time outside, in the unknown. I feel ready. I am ready. These 3 months of intense practicing turned me into a titan killing machine.

I get out of my bed and starts my usual morning routine.

At 5:00, everyone is in the mess hall eating a rich breakfast : beans, soup, bread, cakes, fruits, dry fruits, juice, tea. We kinda feel like kings and queens.

At 5:30, we start putting on our 3DMG and hitch our horses.

Our superiors count us and order us to get in front of the gates.

5:55, everyone's waiting for the gates to open. It's quiet, really, really, quiet. All we can hear is our horse gear rattling. It's so oppressing, I feel like I'm gonna crush. There's some people watching us, from their window mostly.

We are ready to fight, to die even.

5:58, a dude on the top of the wall screams :"OPEN THE GATES!"

The gates open slowly. We're all holding our breaths. A whole day of fighting is waiting for us behind those gates.

6:00 A.M, There we go, full speed in front of us.

After a few miles, we split up and get into our position. I was in the right attack wing, alongside Reiner, Armin, Ymir and Levi. Yes, Levi. There is a superior in every parts.

The plan is pretty basic but looks pretty efficient.

There are 8 squads. One at the very beginning of the march, guiding the whole bunch of squads and one at the very end making sure that any titans pierced the configuration or whatever. With 3 squads on each side : a backup squad, which is located towards the middle; an attack squad, which is more on the outside, killing the titans and a defense squad that is split into little squads in order to surround the backup and attack squad, so that they can prevent of any abnormal or weird shits that could happen.

Yes, we are only six in each attack squad, but we are six that counted for a hundred. The best soldiers are in the attack squads, which is kind of a big honor but also a hell of a responsibility. We all have a lot of pressure right now.

The shifts of the configuration is also pretty simple. Although it is hard to understand so I just have my cheat sheets with me.

Then, there are the flares, big deal, many colors :

Green is the direction

Black is the sign of an abnormal or a weird shit

Purple is to call the backup

Red is in case a wing had been wiped out

And finally, blue is for retreat.

I hear the first stomps coming towards us.

-
Edited.