Nineteen //

********Time skip********

I'm in the mess hall eating lunch.

"Ahhh, it's already spring." Armin sighs.

"Yech..*chew*...itch good...*chew*...I love shpring." I reply, stuffing my face with mashed potatoes. I do love spring very much. The weather isn't too cold or too hot, the flowers start blooming and everything just feels nice and peaceful.

I remember picking up flowers and making crowns with my mom during that period. That's a ritual that I keep doing by the way, with the kids at the orphenage, they really like it. Maybe I should visit them. I'll ask Erwin if I can be absent for a few days. But it doesn't look like we can leave the HQ for several days when we aren't on break.
I'll ask anyways, I miss them.

"Eeehh...I'm allergic to pollen, so it isn't the best period for me." Armin says with a sad smirk.

I chuckle. Armin is so sensitive. Cutie.

Suddenly, Jean who was dreaming snaps back to earth. "It's spring ?!" He hisses afraid.

I nod.

And everybody at the table jump and start shaking, then they all slowly look at Levi.

"What's going on?" I ask, scrunching my face in confusion.

"S-spring...m-means...s-s-spring cl-cl-cl-clean-n-n-ning." Eren stutters.

"So what?" I ask again.

Eren looks back at me."You know Levi now, don't you?" 

My eyes widen and I drop my fork.

"We're fucked." I hiss. Levi will probably make us clean every tiny bit of dust of the entire castle.

Suddenly, someone bursts into the mess hall, and for some reason, it's a soldier from the Garrison.

He's breathing heavily.

"TITANS BROKE INTO TROST!" He shout and then collapses.

My eyes widen, with my mouth falling agape.

My heart starts pounding.

I'm shaking.

I quickly stand up and stumble a bit.

I freaze for some second, trying to calm down but I can't.

Titans broke into Trost...
Titans broke into...
Orphanage.

I rush out of the mess hall and run towards the 3DMG equipment storing room. I put one on and head towards the stables and hitch a horse.

Levi tries to stop me but I'm already gone, running almost as fast as a bullet towards Trost District.

Levi runs back to the mess hall.

"LET'S GO!" He yells
And everyone stand up and quickly get ready.

I am going faster and faster, my breathing hitches, my head is spinning. 

Titans broke into Trost...

Theo...

Titans broke into Trost...

Charlotte...

Titans broke into Trost...

Leo...

Titans broke into Trost...

Jessica...

Titans broke into Trost...

Angela...

Titans broke into Trost...

Albert...

Titans broke into Trost...

Simon...

Titans broke into Trost...

Maria...

Titans broke into Trost...

CARLA!

I finally arrive.

The city is already in ruins. People are running everywhere, screaming.

I ignore all the titans surrounding me and continue until the orphanage.

I get off of the horse.

I walk a little in front of me and stop, paralyzed, yet, still shaking.

All that I can  see is a pile of bricks covered with fresh blood and flesh. My jaw falls on the floor and my eyes start watering, blurring my vison a bit.

It's gone. . .

They're. . .

gone.

I walk a bit more but stumble on something.

I look down and see a little blue car, a toy.

*"-Do you like it Simon ? I know blue is your favorite color.
-Yes! Thank you (y/n)! I love you! "*

I grab it but feel something sticky in my hand.

I turn the toy over.

It's covered in blood. Scarlett, fresh, innocent blood.

I scream in utter horror and burst out crying, collapsing on my knees.

I am on the floor, crying my eyes out, surrounded by dust, blood and ruins.

It hurts.

So much.

Why?

Why do I always loose everything that matters to me?

Maybe I deserve it.

Maybe I'm doomed to live in this hell, alone, forever.

I have trouble breathing, my heart is aching, like it's being stabbed by a million knives.

Suddenly, a big shadow appears above me, blocking the hotness of the sun.

I don't care, my mind is gone in another world, full of pain and darkness. I don't think I can ever find my way back.

I'm lost.

I feel something warm around me. It's welcoming and comforting.

I can't move though, and don't want to. My whole body is weak, it's like someone pumped all my energy.

I blink a bit, trying to wipe away the tears blocking my sight.

When I get my vision back, I'm facing a giant face with big piercing eyes and an enormous pervert smile.

The face slowly starts to get closer and closer, the giant smile turning into a giant dark gap edged by a large set of teeth, ready to rip my head apart from my body.

Is that it? Is that the end?

-
Edited.