11. i would never

"i didn't think you we're boring. i don't think you're boring. i never have jeon wonwoo and i never will." mingyu declared quietly, staring intently into wonwoo's eyes, trying to ensure how sincere he's being  

***

another week passed between mingyu and wonwoo's little talk and there was practically no interaction between them. mingyu wouldn't even look at wonwoo when they passed each other in the hallways, or even just greet him when they sat down for lunch together with the rest of their friends. wonwoo tried he really did but mingyu would ignore every pass wonwoo made.

its like no matter how hard he tried, mingyu just wouldn't budge.

***

wonwoo sighed as he packed up his books and placed them in his bag, he quickly shut his locker and made his way to the staircase. only it seems that plan got high wired when a very loud seokmin yells his name.

wonwoo turns around with a frown and sees seokmin and junhui both walking towards his in a fit of what seemed to be rage.

"okay look he hasn't been himself and he won't stop complaining please wonwoo just hang out with him" seokmin yells as he grabs ahold of wonwoo's shoulders, shaking them.

"seokmin what the hell" wonwoo spluttered, removing the other boy's hands from his shoulders.

he heard junhui give out an audible sigh before pushing seokmin to the side, now staring at wonwoo.

"what he means is, you and mingyu haven't hung out in forever and he really li-" junhui pauses "misses you so please hang out with him."

seokmin looks as if he's about to cry and wonwoo feels a great sense of deja vu.

he sighs and hangs his head like a disobedient puppy

"i know, i didn't mean to, he just he won't talk to me and i don't know how to get him to forgive me" wonwoo's voice breaks a little as he speaks and junhui perks up at that.

"look i know he's being stubborn, but you need to try harder. you know what he's like. please try wonwoo, you two are so good together. don't let this slip away" junhui says softly, placing a hand on wonwoo's upper arm in sympathy.

"look how about you two hang out tonight, we'll get him to your house at 6. be ready okay?" seokmin says hopefully, his eyes shining. wonwoo was really happy to know that mingyu had friends that cared so deeply about his happiness. he just wishes he was still considered one of those friends.

*** 

it was around 5: 56 when wonwoo was sitting at the kitchen table, both waiting and not waiting for his front door to receive a knock. he did know that the chances of seokmin arriving at his house exactly on time would be scarce but apart of him wished that as soon as the clock struck 6 pm that there would be three knocks on his door. 

he wanted to make up with mingyu, he does get that what he did was wrong and he should've made time for mingyu, but at the time he wanted to separate from mingyu a bit, he wanted to settle his heart not break mingyu's. he taps his fingers against the table nervously, what if he messed it up even further, what if he really ruined their friendship.

"wonwoo honey, you okay?" his mum asks walking into the kitchen, seeing her son look rather focused on tapping on the table.

wonwoo's head shoots up and meets his mother's worried gaze"yeah i'm just thinking" 

"about?" she asks softly, taking a seat next to wonwoo.

wonwoo sighs, there's no point in lying to her, she doesn't deserve that "mingyu"