16. we should talk

"or maybe mingyu's just seen too many movies and has too high expectations."

---
..
three days, he had to wait three days. but then again mingyu would wait an eternity for wonwoo if he had to. 

when mingyu walks into school on wednesday, he immediately flinches when he sees wonwoo talking to at least 4 girls at once. he doesn't know if his discomfort came from the fact that wonwoo is there and not with him and still hasn't spoken to him, or if it was because wonwoo was gaining the attention of four relatively attractive girls in their year. his stomach turned, he didn't like this one bit. as he makes his way over to them he sees wonwoo notice him and quickly excuse himself from the girls before walking off.

mingyu sighs to himself, he'll talk to wonwoo at lunch, hopefully at least.
---
when lunch rolls around mingyu heads to the library and for some reason he doesn't immediately make his way to wonwoo's table. probably because he realises that wonwoo isn't there. he looks around the library for a moment and still doesn't seem to be able to find him.

mingyu sighs and runs his hand through his hair. is wonwoo, avoiding him?

no, why would he, he just made his secrets open to the world why would he avoid mingyu of all people. especially after an apology.

he thinks for a moment before running up to jisoo's office, double stepping the stairs as if hes going to run out of time.

"jisoo" he said with two knocks on the door. he hears some faint moving behind the door and the sound of a chair squeaking.

"come in" jisoo replies from the other side of the door and mingyu does.

"is wonwoo here? i need to talk to him" he says bluntly as he stands in the doorway, eyes scanning the room.

"oh wonwoo? no hes not here. i think he went home early. he told me he didn't feel well this morning" jisoo explains and mingyu sighs.

of course today had to be the day that wonwoo fell sick. mingyu shot the thought to the back of his head and smiled at jisoo.
"do you think he'll be in tonight?" mingyu asks and jisoo bites his lip

"honestly, i dont know. i'm sure he will be, he's resting now so he should be okay tonight"  jisoo explained and mingyu sighed in relief.

"i just, i need to talk to him. say im sorry and all that. i want to let us clear stuff up" mingyu says quietly before thanking jisoo and making his way outside.

he grabs his phone out of his pocket and checks the time

13:33

only like another four and a half hours before he might even get another glance at wonwoo. why does that feel like so much longer than it is?

---

at 18:06 mingyu arrives at school and takes a deep breath as he walks through the doors and into the school atrium.

it was wonwoo. he didn't need to be this nervous. he knows wonwoo and wonwoo knows him. they're practically best friends. on a break.

somehow mingyu felt like tonight wasn't going to be just them making up. it wasn't going to be just them settling the secrets that have been revealed. it wasn't going to be them just making up. he doesn't know what fueled his suspicions of that, it was a gut feeling. he couldn't help it. but it somehow made the whole ordeal feel less nerve wreaking because some part of him had a little adrenaline rush. a rush telling him that everything is going to be okay at the end of the night.