12. you look constipated

he smells mingyu's cologne yet again and he swears that if he lost his sense of smell tomorrow, that cologne would be the last thing he would ever want to smell.

***

after finishing mingyu stood to take his plate back to the kitchen but was quickly stopped by wonwoo,

"let me" he smiles softly and places his hands around mingyu's which as still on the bowl, mingyu's eyes widen for a moment before he looks down and lets wonwoo take the bowl from him.

"it seems to be working is you ask me" his mother chuckled quietly to wonwoo as he helped her in the kitchen with the dishes. wonwoo blushes and nods.

wonwoo makes his way back to the dining room he opens his mouth to speak but his mother interrupts him from the kitchen,

"ah mingyu, wonwoo look at how early it still is, why don't you go out for a stroll, just be back by 8" wonwoo's mum says as she walks into the dining room herself while drying a glass in her hands.

wonwoo thinks it over for a moment, alone with mingyu, out of the house, he doesn't know if he trusts himself just yet.

"Uh yeah okay sure, see you later" he gives in any way when he sees how excited mingyu looked about going out.

wonwoo's mum looks to mingyu questioningly, practically asking if he was alright with it too, he nods his head and smiles at her "thank you for the dinner, mrs jeon"

she welcomes him with another smile and wonwoo walks over to give her a kiss on the cheek before nodding his head to mingyu and walking to the door.

mingyu slips on a jacket and his shoes as wonwoo finishes tying his laces, he wants to remind wonwoo to bring a jacket but apart of him resists.

they start walking down the road to a close by park that wonwoo used to play at when he was little, the walk is short but the cold weather makes it slightly less bearable. he shivers slightly and flushes, he cant show that he's cold, he'll look stupid for not bringing a jacket.

wonwoo's face twists into one of discomfort because of how hard he's focusing on not looking uncomfortable and mingyu, who was already glancing at him every two seconds from the corner of his eye, catches on quick

"You alright?" mingyu asks placing his hand on wonwoo's lower back

wonwoo jumps slightly at the contact and nods his head "Yeah fine"

mingyu snorts slightly and hooks his arm around wonwoo's shoulders with a sigh "you look constipated"

wonwoo's eyes widen at the slightly indecorous comment and he frowns as his face turns a whole new shade of red

"jeez mingyu I'm just a bit cold" he spits in embarrassment making the younger chuckle

"oh, here have my jacket. I'm not that cold anyways" he slips his arm off of wonwoo's shoulders and takes his jacket off, handing it over to wonwoo. slightly proud of not reminding wonwoo to take a jacket earlier.

wonwoo purses his lips and hesitates "i don't kno-"

"just take it" mingyu insists slicking the jacket closer to wonwoo's hands

"right okay" wonwoo nods and slips it on. he smells mingyu's cologne yet again and he swears that if he lost his sense of smell tomorrow, that cologne would be the last thing he would ever want to smell.

when they reach the park they both grab a wing each and wonwoo starts slowly pushing himself on it,

"i haven't been here in forever" he sighs, remembering back when he and Seung-Cheol would play here when they were small, or how he once fell off the swing because seokmin had gotten too excited and pushed him too hard, meaning he got a pretty bad scrape on his knee. jisoo then helped him up and cleaned the cut seeing as he was always tagging along to make sure no one got hurt.

"played here when you were small?" mingyu asked

"yeah, seungcheol, seokmin, jisoo and i. all the time when we were small. jisoo and seokmin met here actually when they were eight. jisoo was reading under one of the trees over there and seokmin went over and invited him to play. he then introduced jisoo to me and seung-cheol and he became the supervisor of our group, always looking after us and making sure we were okay if we got hurt" wonwoo explained "that's kinda where they started, seokmin and jisoo have always balanced each other out, they became best friends after like three days. jisoo could always calm seokmin down and seokmin could always make jisoo comfortable seeing as hes always been very shy."

minygu suddenly felt bad for thinking wonwoo liked jisoo, it was very clear that there was someone else that had jisoo in mind.

"jisoo was so sad in grade 9 because soonyoung had joined and he immediately clicked with seokmin, jisoo felt like he wasn't enough for seokmin anymore. he spent like two weeks crying to me about it, eventually, seungcheol went up to seokmin and explained why jisoo was ignoring him and seokmin very quickly made up with him, and here we are a year later and they're still pining after one another"

they both chuckle at that, mingyu was quite aware of seokmin's crush on jisoo since they had become friends, but the way that they interacted with one another he actually believed they were dating until his suspicions about wonwoo and jisoo started.

"speaking of jisoo, what have you two been up to?"mingyu asked when they both fell silent.

wonwoo froze, oh crap.

"oh we're working an english project" he lies "i'm not exactly very good at english and jisoo promised to help me out"

mingyu looks at wonwoo for a second, he doesn't know if he's telling the truth but he really wants to believe wonwoo right now, because he really wants wonwoo back.

"alright then" he shrugs "so what else have you been up to?"

wonwoo thinks for a moment, 'nothing much seeing as you haven't been in my life' he wants to say but he doesn't.

"nothing really, you?" he asked, trying to get the topic off of him and jisoo. he feels guilty lying to mingyu but he couldn't tell him about it yet, he'll feel too bad for not telling him earlier, or what if mingyu only liked him then because he was the writer. what if wonwoo being the writer made mingyu stop reading.

he couldn't risk their friendship just about yet.

"well seokmin and i are almost done with a new video game we got so that's fun, I've been really lonely without you if im honest" mingyu says nonchalantly but wonwoo's heart practically stops for a few seconds

"i've missed us being in the library in our own little world, or us hanging out on weekends and chilling in your attic. i've missed us, i've missed you. don't go leaving me like that again, alright?" mingyu asks at the end, his voice weary and wonwoo just wants to wrap him up and not let the world hurt him ever again, not let himself ever hurt him again.

"alright, i promise, i've missed you too, i wouldn't do it again" wonwoo smiles and mingyu enthusiastically returns it.

"okay good, now lets go home and watch a movie, ive been meaning to watch some recently released netflix movies and they're waiting for us" mingyu claps his hands and helps wonwoo up.

once again, he doesnt quiet let go of wonwoo's hand, wonwoo doesn't either.

"is this" mingyu pauses "is this okay?"

mingyu's voice is soft and considerate, wonwoo nods his head and mingyu grins before they continue walking back to wonwoo's house.