Chapter 3- Stalking Blond Boy

"You just- leaves and wind, but fire, how?" he gasped for air. They lost the police by running into the woods. Eve looked back and placed the boys down.

She panted, "I'm in so much trouble. I was supposed to be low in profile." Eve looked at the boy who was still panicking. "Um yeah just forget you saw anything."

Eve started to walk away from the guys. The tall guy ran after her, "Hey wait. What the heck did you do? Who are you?"

"No one. I said to forget about it." Eve jumped back at the sass she just put in one sentence. "Gosh I'm already turning into my old self."

Eve kept walking. She heard the tall guy's footsteps and turned around. "Sorry."

"For what?"

"This." Eve wrapped him in vines.

"Let me go!" He struggled.

"Sorry!" Eve yelled. She let a gust of wind carry her faster across the woods. The night air was cool. Tall guy's hoodie was still on Eve. She groaned, "Oh come on."

She made herself a nice soft bush to sleep on with more leaves than twig. It hurt, but it was the best she could do. "Maybe a tree would be nicer." Eve shuffled in the make shift bed. The sky was full of blinking stars. Eve counted them to help her sleep. She dozed off into a ruff nap.

"Please take a seat. I want to hear all about you, Bailee." Mara smile politely.

I can see through that smile you she devil! I don't like you one bit, "Oh there's nothing that important, ha ha," she laughed shyly.

"I'm sure there is. Aren't you the young lady who got accepted into the Hunter's League? Didn't the Bailee Woods get revenge on your mother's murderer?"

"Well yes, but it's nothing to be proud of. I technically did the same thing."

"Sweetie please, you just gave him what he had coming. So I heard your partner was the spy, am I right?"

"What no, well, its not like that!"

"Sorry, I was just asking. Your dean sure likes to get her life mixed into this. That's not really an adult thing to do." Mara's voice changed. It was deeper.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Let's be honest. She was a terrible dean. My job is to take her place. I can already tell you don't like me, but that's okay. I'm not here to make friends."

Bailee flinched, "I- I knew it. What are you here to do. We already have a dean! So you can waddle back to the dirt hole you came from, witch!"

Mara chuckled, "Watch the way you talk to your new dean Bailee. I'm only here to teach, so how about you stay out of my way."

"They'll never let you control the base. Not when they find out-"

"Find out what? I haven't threatened you, nor destroyed half the country of America. I'm more qualified than your dean. You can't say anything darling. Now will you excuse me I have plans to prepare for tomorrow's class. I hope you'll be my star student." She smirked at Bailee.

"What time is it?" Eve sat up in her bush. It was still very dark, but birds sang their morning songs. Rubbing her eyes and getting up, the bush slowly disappeared into nothing.

She took a walk along the trees. Outside the wall of wood was a road and a bus stop. On the other side of the road were houses. They all looked the same but in different styles. It made Eve home sick to see those houses. She couldn't stop thinking about David. I hope he is okay. Why did I leave, idiot.

Eve heard a loud creak. She bolted behind the street bench. If it were those kids, Eve wouldn't be able to tell them anything and was more than prepared to run. Her eyes watched the best they could for any movement in the darkness. Out of the row of houses, only one had a light coming from it. She strained her eyes to see beyond the light. It was coming from a window. All the sudden the light shut off. Eve stood still and listened.

There was a small click that was very faint. Eve kept her eyes on the window. A figure become more clear as it moved through the night. They picked up a bicycle looking around as if they didn't want to be followed. As they went farther down the street, Eve couldn't help but be curious and followed them.

She used the hoodie to blend into the darkness. As the bike passed under light poles, Eve could clearly see a full set of blonde hair. "Okay. I have some sort of detail." Eve thought to herself the possible things this kid could do in the night time. "Normal children do this. This is completely normal teen behavior. Right?"

The biker stopped at an old shack looking place. A pattern of stones lead to the entrance. Blondie slung a bag over his shoulder and walked in. He shut the door. Eve sat for five minutes before taking action. She tip toed to a window. There was a warm fire on the inside. The shack had that old fashioned style. It smelt like wet wood, or forest, but Eve wasn't that interested. Shaking her head she peered inside.

Blondie had set the bag down already on a wooden table. He held some type of white board. Oh its a canvas! He held up brushes to the blank space with his left hand, his right hand held the palette. Suddenly he closed his eyes and started to paint. Shouldn't your eyes be open? Maybe that's why I suck at painting.

Eve waited patiently for him to finish. It felt like centuries to Eve. She was at war with her eyelids. Her jolts and jumps kept her awake. The sun was barely up, and Blondie opened his eyes again. He had put his canvas at a weird angle, so Eve couldn't make out the painting. Blondie shivered. His palette dropped to the floor, and he bolted out the door leaving his stuff behind.

Eve watched him peddle away. His face more noticeable. Wait that's-