Author's Sticky Note: Waiting?

I'm stumped. I have plans, but not a ride? That's one way to put it. Hearing an actual critic talk about my book gives me, I guess, a reason to improve. I want to correct my mistakes.

That being said, here's what I'm doing in bullets:

• Leaving my blood sweat and tears that I put into the original peace up meaning the original will still be there.
• Develop my characters more.
• Fill some plot holes.
• Get rid of the comic relief characters.
• Change the title.
• Write Story shorts.
• Incorporate cartoon art (maybe. I'm an artist lol.)

Here's what I'm not doing:

• Posting new chapters on Her New Home.
• Avoiding curse words.
• Avoiding better words because I can't spell them.
• Planning as I go.
• Adding not so relevant characters.
• Getting lazy with editing.

This list may expand as I go, but it will do for now. Some of the points are very vague too. For example the filling of my plot holes. This could be many things because there are quite a few.

Another reason besides inspiration is that I'm just tired. I know I should treat writing as a job, but I used to feel like I'm having fun. Now it's more of a chore that I'm not getting paid to do.

School is getting to a point where it's mostly crammed in finals tests, and I like to do good on those. It takes time and effort. I'm also in a lot of after school activities. I don't write as often as I would like. Here's my plan.

I want to spend the rest of the school year planning out my plot and working on characters. Once Summer hits I'll have loads of free time to rewrite some stuff. Come December I want to have at rough draft of at least half the book. Then by next year I'll be able to post some real chapters.

It's a long while, but I want to take time on this baby. Writing my first book was a journey that hasn't stopped yet. Thanks for the few of you who pulled through with me. I appreciate you guys even if it's one person.