Chapter 7- Brown Haired Alien

"Meet me, tonight, at this street," Eve traced her finger down the map.

Aaron squinted his eyes at the tiny print before him. He tucked his brown hair behind his ear, "That's pretty far from my house. It might take me a while, Eve. Don't fall asleep while you wait for me, okay?"

"Well you can't get much sleep on a bush," Eve tapped her finger on the map, "Got a pen?"

Aaron handed her his red pen, and Eve circled a house. "This is where Max lives. I need answers from him. For now though, we'll just investigate the shack. What do you plan on telling your parents?"

Aaron smiled, "Who said I ever had parents?" Eve laughed and turned back to the paper.

Eve sat patiently by the lamp post. She couldn't tell what time it was. It had gotten pretty dark out, and her eyes started to weigh down.

She curled up on a bench, "It's so cold. I think I'll stay curled up on this bench for warmth," She yawned, "Just for a while."

That's when her eyes closed, and the dream began. She could make out two faces. The voices were unclear. It was like a muffled shouting. Eve shook her head and focused.

"Are you even taking this job seriously?"

"Well of course I am! If it wasn't for me that place would have blown up. You're welcome!"

"I offered you this job because I liked your confidence! Now I see it's just how shameless you are!"

"Did I upset the birdie? C'mon Phoenix, cut me some slack. It's my first time. Plus you aren't even a teacher. Leave me alone will ya."

"Mara! I'm allowed to enroll the students of my liking. Don't humiliate me! It's good you're extremely smart."

"Whatever..." Mara, but when she was younger, walked out the classroom. She stood outside on the roof of the base. Flipping open her phone, she made sure nobody else was around. Then, with some hesitation, she dialed a number.

A man picked up, "Hello beautiful."

"Leo, I miss you so much.. when can I see you?"

He laughed, "Soon I promise. How's the hunting thing going?"

"It's fun. Emily and Phoenix worry about me a lot though. You know how I am, I'm trouble."

"That's all right, I like a nerdy girl with a bad side," Leo paused, "Want to help me with a little experiment?"

"Huh? What kind of experiment?"

"It's a surprise! You trust me, right?"

Mara smiled, "Of course I do. We'll have to meet in private though. You know how they will get if they ever found out about us."

"Yes I know. I love you."

"I love you too.. goodbye."

Mara turned to Eve, "Goodbye Eve."

"Wait- what?"

"Eve!"

"Eve!"

"...My babies..."

Eve bolted up in a puddle of sweat. It had gotten a tad bit darker. She was breathing heavy, and her breath came out as tiny clouds. Eve shivered in the cool air. After that dream, she was dead awake. It didn't take too long until Aaron showed up. He carried two blankets.

"I saw you sleeping, so I thought you would want one."

Eve snatched the blanket, "Oh my stars! You are a life saver!" She wrapped the blanket around her. Her teeth clicked together, "Ah, I was so cold!"

"Hey, can we stop by the store? I need to pick something up." Aaron held up a slick black wallet. Eve nodded, and he led them towards a small store. It had a small coffee shop in the corner. A lady was serving coffee to a man, and a radio was playing in the background.

"Turn that up!" The man yelled to the lady.

"All right Mr. Denis!"

She turned up the radio, "... was shooting out fire, and- and vines and I think wind?"

"Sir calm down. What happened?"

"I saw- I saw an alien! It looked like a girl. She had brown muddy hair and dark skin. She could control nature! She had these two innocent boys with her! I think it was trying to rob my store. The aliens are out to get us I swear!"

"That's enough. I'm sure it is only a matter of time before you realize that..."

The lady changed the radio station, "Don't tell me you're getting into that nonsense."

"Who doesn't love a good alien story? I sense a presence in this town Martha. Things are about to get very interesting, yes interesting indeed." His eyes peered over to Eve.

"Whatever Mr. Dennis."

Aaron motioned over to Eve. He picked up a digital camera, "For proof measures."

"Its not like we are going to report the paintings to the police. They're too busy hunting aliens- I mean me down. The man had a very good description though. Do you think anyone will notice me?" Eve said sarcastically.

Aaron walked over to the cosmetic aisle, "I was thinking the same thing darling. A little makeover won't hurt right?" He held up some bleach.

Eve's eyes widened, "Don't you dare even taint a strand of my hair."

"Blonde won't look that bad, and I'm only going to do the tips. I promise I'll be nice." He smirked. Eve only sighed.

Amber and Raven walked up to the front desk. Both of them carried a file on their partner ship.

"We would like to speak to Mara. please?" Amber smiled sweetly at the secretary. They rolled their eyes and called for their temporary head of base dean.

"Two kids are here to see you miss."

"Let them in please."

Amber and Raven walked down the hallway. The walls had been repainted red. They stopped at a wooden door. Amber felt the icy touch of the door handle and shook.

Raven tightened her grip on the girl's hand, "It's going to be okay. She'll let us become partners. Why wouldn't she?"

"No."

"What?" The two girls said in unison.

"I said no. Did I stutter?" Mara typed on her computer, indifferent on the matter before her.

Raven gritted her teeth, "Why? We practically lost our partners in the explosion! We both agree it would be best to switch partners now. We both can't afford to waste time trying to find them. I need to train."

Mara stopped typing, "You don't need a partner to train," she turned to them, "In fact I'm asking the board to completely demolish the idea of partners."