Pick A Side

" Jasmine if you had a choice would you be very smart or very beautiful?" I asked

" Rella don't ask stupid questions. Obviously, I would want to be very beautiful." She responded rudely.

" But why would you want to be very beautiful. Beauty fades faster than your intelligence." I replied confused with her answer.

Then she turned around from the mirror where she was previously doing her makeup and she smacked me.

She smacked me.

Out of reflex, I punched her in the face.

" Omg, Jasmine I'm so sorry," I said.

" Don't worry you little bastard I'll just tell mother not to give you any dinner for the rest of the month." She said with an evil smirk.

" Now go clean my closet or you'll really be sorry." With that, she pushed me out the door.

I walked to my old room which was now Jasmine's closet.

I never understood why they gave her my room and made me sleep in the shed.

When we had a guest house.

She's not even Jasmine's mother. She mine.

Kevin said he didn't like kids so from an early age I was pushed to the side.

My mother never told me who my father was. All she said was that he was a big CEO for a company in New York.

I'll be 18 in 2 weeks and I plan on finding him. I'm getting out of this hell hole one way or another.