Seeing Isn't Always Believing

" Mommy is God real ?" I asked

" Of course he is. Who told you otherwise?" She asked.

" Well it was snack time, and I was praying over my food like you taught me to. And then Mr. Axel asked me what I was doing. I told him he was praying. Then he started to laugh at me. " I said.

I couldn't understand what Mr. Axel found so funny about an 8-year-old boy praying over his food.

" Baby what do you mean he laughed at you." Said, my mom.

" He laughed at me after I finished praying and told me that I shouldn't pray because there is no such thing as god."

" I told him that God didn't like liars and he laughed some more," I said.

" What happened after that daddy? I know grandma was probably super mad." Said, Kairi,

" She pulled me close to her and told me 'Dave don't ever let anyone try and break your faith. Don't let anyone ever tell you god isn't real'". 

" So you see Kairi the devil started testing me at an early age, however, I wouldn't let him or anyone else for that matter break my faith," I said to her gently.

" Daddy what does this have to do with me liking James?" she questioned me.

" Nothing Sweetie I just thought this was an important lesson for you to know," I said.