Track 7

Do you remember? 

How you were the first to change my name.

I volunteered to be the student council.

As I shyly put my hand up, yours went up too.

I always stayed after school from then on, to do the council's chores. Surprisingly, you stayed behind too.

I was writing up the class roll and you were still sitting opposite me. You laid your head against your arms, watching my pen glide against the paper. 

"Are you sick?" 

 I realised that you saw the light pink dust against my cheeks. I lowered my head. 

You tilt your head, trying to look beneath my bangs. 

"Are you ok?" 

You shifted forward, and my fingers froze completely. I could tell you were confused. 

The space between our legs was close enough when you brought a chair over, sitting opposite me. 

I awkwardly retracted my feet, but you just found more reason to inch forward. 

I shot up from my chair stiffly, and you gazed at me. I walked out of the classroom, facing my back against you. 

When I walked back, I found my pen wrapped in your fingers, you were writing something on the paper.

You placed the pen down, the tips of your lips curved upwards gently. 

"Ha-Nari." 

My name slipped out of your pink lips. You turned to me gradually, flashing me a slight smile as you revealed your teeth. 

"Hana." You spoke again. 

My expressions crumbled subtly at the foreign name. 

"It suits you." You chuckled in that soothing voice of yours.

I realised at that moment. 

You had given me a nickname.