Track 10

Do you remember? 

How you were the first to take the blame.

It was class time.

Perhaps it was the weather that evening or perhaps class was boring but everything felt dream-like.

The warmth of the afternoon was cosy. The bright rays of sunlight hitting the windowpanes glazed gently passed my desk, skidding over my written notes. 

I would always find myself leaning against the glass, watching the lush leaves of the giant oak tree in the school oval sway in the breeze. 

The teacher's voice had droned out in my daydream. It was quiet.

My eyelids drooped, taking in the comforting ambience outside as if I was right there, sitting upon the thick bow of that tree, my feet dangling in free air.

Everything felt perfect. 

"Ha-Nari." 

My eyes flashed open, hearing my name being sternly called. I sighed, awaiting the angered remarks of my teacher as I sat up straight. 

"HOLY SH-!" 

All of a sudden, your voice cut through.

My eyes quickly darted to you who sat at the opposite end of the classroom. 

The whole room was quiet, all attention was focused on you. 

You flashed me a wink, I simply stared. 

"Excuse me, Park Jimin?" The teacher had set her hands on her hip, a glare now plastered across her face.

"I said holy Mrs." You blankly stated. 

"On what basis did you think it was appropriate to swear in my classroom?"

"On the basis that it was getting to a good part?" 

This earned a few giggles  from the class. 

"What are you watching during my class, Park Jimin." 

"Oh do you wanna see Mrs? It's some quality por-" 

"Detention Park Jimin." 

You bowed your head, conforming to her words. 

"Yes Mrs." 

When your gaze travelled back to me, I could swear that you were smiling about it. 

Landing a detention wasn't landing a jackpot. 

I hoped you knew that.