Chapter 12

"Are you sure about this?"

"I mean, I think I am."

"You need to be sure about this Rose."

"Ok, ok, I'm sure."

"Ok, close your eyes."

I closed my eyes and he took my hand in his before pulling it forward. My heart was racing but I really wanted to do this. The moment my hand came into contact with the scaly skin, I screamed and snatched it back, making him laugh.

"It didn't even move," he pointed out.

I opened one eye to find the damn creature just staring at me. "Can we leave now?"

"Well after that, I'm pretty sure we can," he replied.

"You are enjoying my discomfort way too much, just for the record," I commented.

"I'm sorry beautiful, but you're the one who suggested this," he reminded.

I huffed. "And given the history of our vacation so far, did you really think it was wise to let me? Everything that I've picked for us to do has not gone all that great."

"It's about the adventure and getting to spend time with you, so I don't really care," he said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Smooth," I giggled.

He leaned in and kissed me. "I do try."

"I'm ready to leave now," I said.

"To go back to the hotel or to go back home?" he asked.

I thought about it. "Both- you know we need to go back at some point right?"

He sighed. "Do we really? I mean, I'm enjoying myself here, and I haven't had to worry about anything for a whole week."

"Except you have a daughter and a company that's waiting for you, and I have to get back to my job," I argued.

"Can't we just fly Grace here and never leave? I mean this is technically her home," he countered as we walked towards the exit.

"No, we can't. She was born here, but this isn't her home. Her home is back in San Francisco with you," I said.

"And you," he added.

I smiled. "And Fabio."

"And Fabio," he said, rolling his eyes.

"And that?" I asked, laughing.

"He's been giving me a hard time about how he knew this would happen and blah, blah, blah. I'm ready to shoot him at this point," he explained.

"You can't shoot him for being right," I argued.

"Oh but I can shoot him for constantly reminding me that he is," he countered.

"You really need to do something about that tension," I taunted.

He glared at me. "Are you really going to be the one to point out my tension?"

"What can I say? It's made you a bit of grumpy old man," I teased.

"You know, I would never believe anyone who told me that you were this mean, and yet here you are, inflicting torture like a pro," he commented.

"Inflicting torture? Really? I highly doubt denying you sex is me inflicting torture," I said.

"Oh really? So it doesn't matter that the last time we had sex was more than three weeks ago, and that because I'm committed to you, it means that if you decide to deny me sex, I can't get it from anywhere else? It doesn't matter that you're the sexiest person to me and probably the only woman who can turn me on beyond belief? It doesn't matter that you're a walking sin and I have to control the urge to touch you every time I'm with you? It doesn't matter that I'm basically seconds from locking you up and having my way with you because every small damn thing you do is attractive to me and I don't want other men seeing you?" he questioned.