Chapter 15

I turned to the door to find a stunning woman there that I've never seen before, but there was something familiar looking about her. She looked flawless in the black and gold dress that she had on, and I was silent as she walked into the room.

"You are pregnant right? And you're Rose?" she asked.

"Yes, and yes, but you have me at a disadvantage," I replied.

She smiled. "You are everything he described and so much more. I'm Kristaline, Olivier's twin sister."

That's why she looked a little familiar.

"It's great to finally meet you," I smiled.

"Ditto hon. Does he know that you're pregnant?" she asked.

I shook my head. "I only found out this morning. I'm nervous to tell him."

"Don't be. Even though he has Grace and Ethan, I'm certain that he's going to love the thought of having a biological child," she comforted.

"Twins," I corrected.

She beamed. "Even better!"

I laughed. "Happy birthday by the way."

"You know, you're the first person to wish me a happy birthday and I've been here for almost an hour now. It's like everyone just forgot that Oli and I share a birthday," she complained, making me laugh some more.

"I would've gotten you something, but I only found out this morning that you were flying in, and I was stuck in the kitchen the whole day," I said.

She smiled. "Oh no, it's ok hon. You scored brownie points just for saying it to me. Besides, I wouldn't want my brother killing me for making you go through all that effort. Anyway, I volunteered to come up here and do your hair and make-up. We'd better get to that before Phyllis comes to check on us. She scares me when she's in party planner mode."

I giggled. "You too huh?

"In fact, she's just a naturally scary woman so let's not test her," she suggested, making me laugh some more.

I learnt a little more about her as she did my hair and make-up, and by the time she was done, I received a text from Olivier saying that he'd been unexpectedly delayed, but that he was on his way home.

I guess the coffee spill ruse worked.

Everyone was ready as I got downstairs and Phyllis and Grace made a comment about the baby bump that they were also only paying attention to for the first time. The guests were still arriving and we agreed that news of my pregnancy would stay in our small circle. By the time Olivier arrived, Gail and his best friend Michael, were the only two people who hadn't arrived.

John arrived alone because my best friend was apparently even madder at me.

"Surprise!"

"What's going on?" Olivier asked, confused.

"You've never had a surprise party before?" Phyllis teased.

"Well I have, but I didn't expect one today," he admitted.

"That's the whole point of a surprise bonehead," Kristaline said, making us laugh.

"Kris!" Olivier beamed before going over to hug her.

"Happy birthday baby sis," he told her.

She smiled. "Thanks big bro. Rose is the only other person who wished me. Happy birthday to you too."

"Oh shoot!" Grace, Richard, Fabio and Phyllis shouted when they realized their blunder.

"How about we head out to the back?" I suggested, saving them temporarily.