DROP THE PLATE

A crush?? On Murdoc?? Nonsense! How could I?! All he ever did to me was hurt me, I'm not stupid enough to fall for him.

"Hey, toochi."

I mean, sure, his sweater helps me sleep at night, and he's just so warm, and nice to snuggle to... but that doesn't mean anything, right..?

"Toochi!"

Besides... he could never like me back... 2ds thoughts were interrupted by Noodle pouring a glass of cold water onto his head. He gasped and looked up.

"Toochi! Are you listening to me?" She said, kinda annoyed.

"W-Wha?" He was confused. Noodle sighed and wiped pieces of food off of his face with a cloth. After all, he did just dive in face first into his plate...

"Why don't you want Murdoc to know?"

"Not just Murdoc, anyone really. It's personal stuff and I'm still trying to work it out." 2d looked at his now inedible food.

"Then I'll help you work it out!" She smiled.

"What?"

"I already know about your crush, so you don't have to hide it, and it's always nice to have someone to talk to." This made 2d smile.

"Thanks Noodle." He stood up to take his plate to the kitchen, Noodle followed.

"So..." she said in a somewhat mischievous voice. "Who do you have a crush on?" This made 2d drop his plate, startling Noodle. They both stopped in their tracks. "Did I say something wrong?"

"W-Well..." 2d stuttered nervously. He couldn't find the right words. "I-I'll tell you when I'm more comfortable with it, ok?"

"Ok.." Noodle pouted, 2d chuckled and ruffled her hair making her smile again. "So, when did this start?"

"I dunno." He replied, starting to clean his mess up. "About two weeks ago?"

"Do you really like that person?"

"I dunno..."

"Do you think they like you back?"

"I dunno..."

"Humph!" Pouted Noodle. 2d looked up at her.

"Look, I'm sorry if you're not satisfied with the answer but as I said, I'm trying to work things out." 2d looked down and continued cleaning.

"Well, is there anything you do know?"

"He smells nice." 2d answered without thinking.

"He?!" Noodles eyes widened, her mind imagining all sort of scenarios. Who could it be? I swear 2d only dated girls before... about two weeks ago, where could they have met?? 2d quickly looked up, slightly panicking. He told her more than he should have.

"U-Umm! I-I mean-!" 2d stammered, unable to explain himself. Noodle just giggled and run out of the kitchen. 2d sighed.

---

2d lay on his bed in his room, wondering if Noodle was correct about this whole 'crush' thing.

He reached his hand under his pillow and pulled out the grey material, sniffing it. It's been nearly two weeks since he acquired it, and Murdocs smell was slowly beginning to fade. He wasn't happy about that.

2d placed it on his chest, hugging it. He sighed, not knowing what to do. Maybe he really did have a crush on Murdoc but was just too proud to admit it?

He was tired and didn't want to think about this stuff right now. It was too complicated. So he just decided to go to sleep for now.

---

He woke up again at about 3am. Fairly certain that everyone else was asleep, he took the grey sweater and went downstairs to the kitchen. He lay the material down on the counter and started making himself a peppermint tea.

2d was still half asleep and failed to notice the person that just walked into the kitchen. He lifted his cup to take a sip.

"So I heard you have a crush." The raspy voice said, startling the singer and causing him to drop his cup. 2d looked up to see Murdoc leaning in the doorway. "Sheesh, calm down, it's just me." He walked past the singer to grab a beer.

"H-Hi Mudz." 2d said, avoiding eye contact and grabbing a cloth to clean up what used to be his peppermint tea. He was a bit sad that he couldn't drink it now.

"So?" The satanist leaned against a wall opposite 2d, looking at him.

"S-So what?"

"So.. about your crush." 2ds face went red, which Murdoc easily noticed.

"I-I'm not comfortable talking about it..." he trailed off, finally finishing cleaning up and making himself another tea. His back turned to Murdoc, still refusing to make eye contact.

"Suit yourself." Murdoc said as he took another swig of his beer. He looked at 2d, and then noticed the grey piece of material next to him. "Hey, is that my sweater?" The question made 2d jump, nearly dropping the cup again. He gulped, putting his cup away, and slowly turning around to face Murdoc, with the sweater in his hands.

"Y-Yeah. I found it lying around in the corridor and I didn't want anyone to trip so I decided to bring it to you..." 2d lightly smiled, reaching the sweater out in Murdocs direction, hoping he would believe the lie.

Murdoc looked down at the sweater suspiciously, then back up at 2d, who was smiling nervously. He snatched the material out of his hands and walked out of the kitchen.

2d sighed with relief and then continued making his tea. He was going to need to get another one of Murdocs clothes pretty soon. This was going to be a long night without the sweater...

---

Murdoc entered his Winnebago, casually tossing the grey sweater onto his real Egyptian silk sheets.

He took most of his clothes off and lay down on his bed, covering himself with a random blanket.

He tried to go to sleep but after a few seconds of breathing he realised that there was something off about this situation.

He opened his eyes and continued breathing. There was a weird smell in the air, one that he barely ever came across, but recognised.

He got up, trying to find the source of the smell, and soon found his grey sweater, lying beside him. He sniffed it. That's it! But where did he know this sweet smell from? He tried to remember.

...

It smelled like 2ds hair.

What? Why would it smell like him? He said he found it on the floor.. but how? I swear I threw it into my Winnebago after that incident, but I didn't wear it after that... in fact I couldn't even find it... Am I being too paranoid about this? Probably... meh, whatever!

And he went back to sleep, clutching the grey sweater.

For some reason if the characters in the book I'm reading go to sleep I also feel very sleepy... maybe it's because I mostly read at night? Whatever, good night.