1

dedicated to TannazErika Vabductedme and jungsalt

Þ Diamonds

"You're like a diamond; precious & rare, not like a stone found everywhere"

C H A P T E R 1

----

| CHOI KIRAE |

Our debut stage was phenomenal. The dance moves, the vocals, the rap, everything was perfectly divine and very appealing. The audience reacted well with our performance. Our hits reached a new record, newer than BLACKPINK, which was saying something. My group, DYEMONDS, have prepared long and hard for this moment. We are a four-group girl band. It consists of me, Choi Kirae, the oldest, Libby Anderson, a Korean-born American, Park Jeemun, our leader, and Lee Hyejin, the wonderful maknae, our little ray of sunshine.

These girls and I have only started, but with the direction we are heading in, there is no doubt that we will succeed in the path of life. Our journeys have only just begun. I am very excited to continue this idol path with these girls.

After the stage performance, we went to sit among the group of our senior idol groups, ones who have performed longer than us, those who knew the ropes of being a celebrity. The ups and downs are just down the path. As we sat, we couldn't help but smile at the adrenaline that was still coursing through our bloods. I took out my outdated smartphone and began to go through Twitter, where our performance was being held live for our couple thousands of followers. I smiled. It was a small number compared to other hot-shot celebrities, but to me, those aren't numbers. They're family.

"Kirae-eunni!" One of the members called out to me. I glanced up at who was it that demanded my attention and saw Lee Hyejin, our maknae, looking at me with that adorable smile she had on her face. Her black hair curled at the ends and reached just a bit past her shoulders. "How did you feel about the performance we gave?" I gave her a smile and ruffled her hair.

"I never felt this much energy since the day I decided that I wanted to play sports." My fellow teammates chuckled at my response. Of us four, I was the one that played the most sports. I did basketball, volleyball, swimming, track, and boxing. I always had that energy. Anyway, I turned my attention back onto the MC, who kept talking about other idol groups. I was much too energized to even listen for our group being called out for an encore. I was frozen on my seat until Jeemun took hold of my hand, leading me onto the stage again.

Once we got into formation and decided to perform our debut song with a twist, my eyes landed on a pair of dark eyes. I knew who it was immediately and my head began to feel light. However, we finished our performance with another bang to the crowd. They cheered so much, chanting our names.

We have a small fanbase, GEMS, as I'd like to call them. They found out about us because we were under the same company as our seniors, BTS, and many other groups. Speaking of which, after the show, we retired backstage where all the groups were congratulating each other with their astounding performances. I hope we would be like that one day, where people looked up to us. I smiled at that thought. The four of us were conversing about the stage experience and we were goofing off like usual. Our maknae was making hearts to all of us and gave me a bone-crushing hug. Libby was taking selfies for our Twitter. She was the visual after all. Our leader just watched us goofing about, smiling at how proud she was for hitting head strong in the industries.