8

dedicated to jungsalt Vabductedme and TannazErika

》 Diamonds

[YOU'RE LIKE A DIAMOND; RARE AND HARD TO FIND UNLIKE STONES FOUND EVERYWHERE]

C H A P T E R 8

| DYEMONDS |

It would be a lie if the girls said they weren't nervous. They were, and the fact that another idol group was collaborating with them was something else. Jeemun got up extra early to get ready, her nerves getting the best of her. Hyejin hardly slept a wink the previous night, Libby was up at the crack of dawn, lying in bed. Kirae was making breakfast as usual.

As soon as they got the texts from their manager, they rushed to the Big Hit building. They took the elevator to the top floor, where they'd meet them. GOT7 greeted the girls with smiles and hugs. For most of the day, they have worked on a collaborative dance number for a stage performance in the upcoming few weeks. Apparently, it seemed like a good idea for GOT7 to take DYEMONDS to give them the publicity they need to grow in their career. BTS was already doing so much, and their manager thought it'd be a good idea to not stigmatize their fans and spread out their variety to a number of fans with different tastes.

At the end of the day, most members went out to their respected dorms to grab some rest. Kirae and Hyejin decided to stay behind to work on tweaking the dance routine and for Kirae to work on a solo she has prepared for a while. BamBam, Jackson, and Jinyoung stayed behind as well to keep the two girls company.

"Kirae-eomma, bend lower." Hyejin commanded, shifting her eyes from her own reflection to Kirae's. Jackson was in the corner doing freestyle while the other two were filming something random.

"But it hurts my knee" sweat dripped from her nose down to her chin. As she lowered herself into a squatting position, her thigh muscles began to quiver. Her face contorted as pain shot through her knee. Doing the dance again, she got up from her squat and suddenly her knee gave out. Kirae collapsed on the floor of the dance studio, yelping out in pain. Hyejin squeaked in horror and helped the older sit up. The boys rushed to her side, shooting millions of questions in the air.

"Oh God, oh God." Hyejin was on the verge of tears, running around to grab something cold to place against her knee. Jackson helped her. Jinyoung was comforting Kirae, who now had tears roll down her cheeks.

"Don't think about the knee. Look at me." Kirae turned her head to his direction and he offered a smile. Bambam turned off the camera that was still left turned on and grabbed his jacket to place under the knee. Jackson and Hyejin came back with a bag of ice and a towelette. Hyejin wrapped it around her knee.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have pushed you so hard to do the dance!" Hyejin was now sobbing.

"Squi-Squishy, it's okay." Kirae meekly reassured. "I wasn't too careful and I didn't properly stretch my legs."

"But you got hurt because of me!" She begins to wail. Kirae pulled her into a hug and mouthed a 'thank you' to the three boys. Jackson gave a small smile. Jinyoung nodded and Bambam gave a large pitiful smile.

After Hyejin collected herself, she helped Kirae to stand, but Jinyoung offered to help since she was already doing. so much.

On the way back to the dorm, they began to plan out the idea of the new collaborative stage. Apparently, they're both going to be performing on the stage for the MAMA awards in Singapore.

"I think it'll be great for you guys!" Jackson piped up, nudging Hyejin's head. She glowered at him.

"Plus you'll get to be on stage with all the other idols, like EXO and TWICE!" Bambam jumped around, smiling at the thought of seeing everyone on stage again.

"Sounds nerve-recking, too" Kirae mumbled. Jinyoung chuckled and shook his head.

"Don't worry about it. You'll do fine. Just think of it as showcasing how much fun you have." It got quiet after that except for their footsteps.

As soon as they reached their building, The boys dropped them off to their room and bid them a farewell.

"Get some rest, put ice on your knee, keep it elevated, drink plenty of water, and please be careful next time you go practice." Jinyoung lectured Kirae as she was placed on her bed. She sighed and nodded, giving him his satisfaction.

As soon as they bid their farewells, Jeemun and Libby shot questions.

"What happened?"

"Why didn't you call us?"

"I told you to stretch before you started practice!"

"Does Manager-unnie know?"

"Let Kirae-eomma rest you guys." Hyejin interrupted as she walked in. The other two girls sighed and left after giving their regards for the elder to get plenty of rest. After they left the room, Hyejin sat beside Kirae.

"Eomma, could I ask you a serious question?" Kirae modded, wondering what the question could be.

"You can ask me anything."

"Well. . . I was wondering if you know if a b—" Korea's phone went off, cutting the poor maknae off from her question. She sighed when she saw who was making the phone go off and left the room. Kirae almost called for her but as soon as she saw the number she shut her mouth.

It was him again.

Groaning, she picked up her phone and clicked the ignore button. She wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone right now because she was curious as to what Hyejin's question was. Angrily, she lied back and closed her eyes, letting sleep fill her.

In the other room, Libby and Jeemun were in the living room watching Hwarang, at Tashyung's death scene. Both girls felt emotional, especially Jeemun. She got up and turned off the television, after pausing, and breathed in and out.

"Why did we ever watch that scene again?" Libby asked rolling her head back to rest on the couch, her eyes closed. Jeemun took a deep breath.

"Because his acting skills are amazing."

"But why this scene?"

Jeemun shrugged and went to the kitchen, sniffling. Libby groaned and rolled her head back again. Hyejin came into the room, head down.

"Hey, what's wrong Hyejinie?" The younger girl shook her head, indicating that nothing was wrong.

"Nothing, unnie. I just want eomma to heal faster." Libby hummed in response.

"Yeah me too."

—-

Making this super short because it's a filler. Next chapter will be interesting.