2

‣ Diamonds

[YOU'RE LIKE A DIAMOND, SO HARD TO FIND, NOT LIKE A STONE FOUND EVERYWHERE]

C H A P T E R 2

-

|Choi Kirae|

'BOOMBAYAH! YA-YA-YA-BOOMBAYAH. YA-YA-YA-BOOM-BOOMBAYAH-YAH-YAH-YAH'

Morning had come already, and my alarm had to blast BLACKPINK's debut song, Boombayah, from my phone. Sure, they are rookies, but I am a fan of theirs. They absolutely killed the stage and I personally have wanted to be like them. Groaning, I rose from my spot on the bed and looked around. The skyline outside barely had any sunlight peak through the buildings. The sky looked a greyish blue, probably going to rain today. I sighed. At least the travel to the entertainment building wasn't too far off. I stood up and made my way to the kitchen to fix something for the rest of my members. I had no idea what I was craving for, so I made gaeran tostu* for all of us.

As I finished up the last of the prepared meal, Hyejin walked in, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. I wanted to squeeze her at how adorable she looked, but I restrained myself because I was making food and I didn't want to disturb her when she was just waking up. I smiled and placed the plates of food on the table in the conjoined dining room and kitchen. She sat at her usual spot, which was closer to the living area, and blinked several times to wake herself up.

"Morning, Squishy~!" Squishy was Hyejin's nickname I gave. I couldn't help it, though because when I first met her, she was so small and cute and I wanted to touch her cheeks because they were squishy looking. Plus, she's innocent and I will protect her from any harm even if it killed me, same goes for the other girls. I wanted them to be safe and happy.

"Morning, Eomma." Hyejin yawned before glancing at her plate. "Mm, this looks delicious! Thank you!" She began to eat. I couldn't help but smile. I went over to the bedrooms to wake up the others.

After a lot of persuasion and some violence, we were all seated at the table, eating and chit-chatting about our upcoming schedules. Our manager hasn't said anything about what we were doing, which was why we are going over to the entertainment building to just practice some dances and songs. You can never be too prepared.

"After you guys are done eating," I began, "take a shower and brush your teeth." I giggled at the last sentence. I received a chorus of "Yes, Eomma." I went and grabbed their dishes to clean it and take a shower myself. Jeemun walked up to me.

"Kirae-eonni." I hummed in response. "Our manager wants us to meet her in her office once we get to Big Hit." I nodded my head as I placed the last of the dishes in the dishwasher and clicking a few buttons before it started making a subtle noise.

"Did she say anything as to why we need to meet her or is this one of those 'Surprise, motherfuckers,' kind of thing?" She chuckled at my response and shook her head.

"No, but I do assume it will be a surprise. I'll go get ready, then." I nodded and she left the kitchen. I sighed and went into my own bedroom, finding an outfit for me to wear. After much contemplation, I chose a black tank top, a red plaid long sleeve, and black leggings. I had red converse in the corner of the room and I was too lazy to get another pair of shoes from my closet. I got ready in the bathroom, showering and preparing myself for the day. I made my exit and began to wait in for the younger girls.

I looked at Twitter, seeing what was going on in the world. There were some tweets from fans who were asking questions and I answered. I checked both GOT7 and BTS's Twitter to see what they were up to. Nothing much. I sighed.