4

‣Diamonds

C H A P T E R 4

| Choi Kirae |

I was awoken by a shrilling screech. I sat up quickly to find Hyejin on the bed, on top of me. I blinked my eyes and looked around, seeing that Libby burst into the room, her phone in her hands. She pointed straight at me with an unreadable expression and began to speak.

"What really happened last night with Namjoon-ssi?" I blinked another few times, registering what she had said to me. I rubbed my eyes with my hands and yawned before speaking up.

"What do you mean? What's going on?" I tried to get up, but Hyejin kept me in place, grabbing my arms.

"Eomma~ you're all over Twitter!" I gave a confused look and turned to Jeemun who was still standing beside the bed, giving Hyejin a disapproving look for jumping onto the bed.

"Yeah, apparently, some sasaeng fans have followed you guys, apparently acquiring evidence that you two are dating. They had video footage of you two talking, and he put his hand on your lower back with you blushing. How they got that, I have no idea. Now the real question is: what does this mean?" I scratched the side of my head before realizing that I was not a freak last night.

"I knew there was someone following us! I'm so sorry, but Namjoon and I are not dating, and probably won't be. They're our idols and our seniors. I'm sure they have someone else in mind." I pushed Hyejin off me to get ready for the day. "And besides, they wouldn't want someone like me. I'm too fabulous for them." I passed Libby and into the kitchen, preparing kimchi for our meal.

We ate in semi-silence. Small talk was apparent here and there, but it wasn't any full conversations that we mostly had every morning. After the meal and the dishes were clean, I decided to pull out my phone. What I saw on the screen was so many Twitter notifications, mentions, messages, anything. With a shaking hand, I hovered my finger over the Twitter app, showing more than a couple hundred notifications. I took a deep breath and opened it, revealing my notification tab filled with mentions.

*@jump_4_jungkook: Kirae isn't even that pretty enough for my namjoon

*@junkhoesock: is bts and dyemonds dating? If so, stop

*@unbiased_bias: namjoon deserves better than that hoe

*@imurhope: honestly, they look cute 2gether

The list could go on forever. Much of it, though, was negativity. I understand that we are a newbie group, but this was ridiculous. I logged out of Twitter and went to see what my other band members were doing. I found them in the living area. Jeemun was busy writing songs and finding beats to it, Hyejin was helping as well as figuring out the choreography, and Libby was on her phone, texting someone. I sat at the couch beside Libby and I glanced over at her phone. I couldn't read the text because she was typing at a speed that was hard for me to keep up with what she and the recipient were saying, but I did see the name: Jinny. I almost laughed but kept it to myself.

Suddenly, Jeemun's phone went off. She picked it up and went to the other room.

"Hey, Eomma, do you think this will affect our careers?" I internally screamed at Hyejin's cuteness. She was so worried I wanted to just hold her.

"I have hope that it doesn't so you shouldn't worry about it so much, okay? We have each other. Nothing's going to get in between us girls." I held up my fist in a fighting gesture, a smile on my face. Hyejin seemed content with my answer and continued to work on the choreography. Libby looked up from her phone to Hyejin.