6

dedicated to jungsalt Vabductedme and TannazErika

‣Diamonds

[YOU'RE LIKE A DIAMOND, SO HARD TO FIND; NOT LIKE A STONE FOUND EVERYWHERE]

C H A P T E R 6

| Choi Kirae |

Monday morning was the worst day of the week. Not only did it mean the start of a week where everyone is unmotivated to do anything, it was also the worst day in trainee training: harsh dance and vocal trainings. Being under BigHit was a huge opportunity for myself, but the training is vigorous. They announced last Friday that some people were talented enough to debut together. That got my adrenaline rushing all weekend.

I have always wanted to debut, especially now that I am pursuing a music career rather than whatever my parents had pushed me into doing. They still supported me, though, which I was so thankful for.

2AM made an appearance, giving the trainees tips on how to continue to pursue music. They looked professional when they spoke. I looked around the room, there were many trainees here. After their little pep talk, Bang-ssi appeared. He announced that there is a group debuting. He motioned for seven boys to come forward. I had seen them sometimes, but I have not had the chance to talk to them since they were close to debuting than the rest of us, so they were busy most of the time.

He introduced them as Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, and Jeon Jungkook. They all looked ready, and nervous. As soon as introductions were done, everyone was off to do their own thing. For me, it was to get to my vocal lessons.

Inside the room, I was met with Soo Hyinji-nim. A strict woman with high standards in vocal range and stability.

After several hours of crucial work to my vocal range, Soo Hyinji-nim let me rest, since my throat was almost giving up on me. I went outside to take a breath of fresh air since it was still somewhat light outside. I sat on the steps that lead to the building and was lost in thought. I didn't feel the presence of another person until they touched my arm. Out of instinct, I retracted my hand fast and faced the perpetrator, hoping to somewhat get a good look so I could report him, but to my utter surprise, it was someone I was least expecting.

-----

My fellow members of DYEMONDS were looking between me and the guy that spoke to me. I didn't know what to say. I was frozen in place. I had not realized that he had already pulled up a chair beside me. The rest of the members grabbed a nearby table, since in my state, I could see them out of the corner of my eyes.

I sat still, looking down at my lap, my eyes wide. The table was silent for a few moments until he spoke up.

"Kirae-ah," he began softly. How badly I wanted to squeeze the life out of his throat. "At least look at me. I haven't seen you in years!" He perked. "We have a lot of catching up to do!" And at that moment, I could not take it any longer. I stood up abruptly, catching the attention of many in the restaurant.

"Leave me alone." I briskly walked out of the building, not daring to look back at the same eyes that had me hoping, that had me falling deeply in love.

| BTS |

Everyone was down in the recording studio, preparing for their next comeback in February. With the release of "Blood, Sweat, and Tears," the members had their lives busy. Especially with the MAMA awards coming soon, they had to make sure they were ready. The room filled with vocals and raps and ideas for what it should sound like.