Kaby, For You (Arc End)

"Natsu! Get the hell out of there now! It's a dangerous place there!" A man with black hair said as he ran towards the 17 year old Natsu.

"Kael! What's going on here! What's that monster over there?!" Natsu asked as he blasted the debris that was near him, he was instantly dragged by the older man and led him to safe distance with the crowd, "Kael? What are you doing? Let me join you, I can take it on!" Natsu said smashing his fists together.

"Natsu, this is too dangerous for you to handle, I'm not going to lie, but it was a mistake to bring you here, I would've thought the monster was easy to handle since it wasn't an S-Class mission but the quest was misinformed."

"But what are you going to do? You can't just leave me here!" Natsu said trying to escape Kaya, the wife of Kael. She was currently restraining him, I don't know when or how.

"Listen Natsu! Kael is going to take care of this- watch out! Fireball!" Kael instantly turned around and smashed the ground with his fists and a wall of black flames erupted.

"It's not safe here, take Natsu and the civillians somewhere safe, I'm going to have to use that." Kaya's eyes opened wide in shock as he realised what her husband was about to do.

"B-But! You're going to-"

"Just take Natsu away from here!" Kael's voice was getting deeper and more demonic as the black flames engulfed him.

"Kael! What are you doing! The monster is going to-" Natsu said but was interrupted when they suddenly ended up on a nearby hill along with the townspeople. They saw the huge black monster destroy the town they all loved.

Kaya collapsed and started sweating from the amount of magic she had just used to save everyone, "Kaya... what is Kael doing? Don't tell me he's..." Natsu asked, however, deep inside he knew what he was doing but rather he didn't want to say it.

Kaya looked up and there were tears in her eyes, she slowly stood up and hugged Natsu facing him away from the monster, 'I guess it looks like he knows what's going to happen then...'

Kaya looked forward to see a black and gold streak heading straight toward the monster, or more clearly, one of Zeref's demons Algor. The streak struck the monster right in the head and everything went white. Natsu could feel the magic coming closer, and Natsu pulled away from the older woman and screamed.

"KAEL!"

"Gah! Kael!" Natsu woke up with Mira on all fours above him with a very worried look on her face, "Wha- Mira! What are you doing here? I thought I was on the sofa..." He said, but Mira made no response apart from reaching out and caressing his cheek.

"N-Natsu..."

"What is it Mira?" Natsu never actually realized how beautiful she looked up close and next to him.

"You're eyes... they're... white fire... again..." Mira said looking deep into his eyes. Natsu blinked and sat up, Mira handed him a mirror from the bedside and he looked at himself. It was true, his pupils were now replaced with a white fire, he blinked several times before it finally went to normal.

"I... don't know what happened there..." Natsu said sitting up from the side of the bed, Mira shuffled along next to him and rested a hand on his thigh.

"Do you want to talk about it or...?" Mira was really worried for Natsu, there were often times where this happened, but it hasn't happened since the following weeks of Kael's death. Natsu shook his head and smiled at Mira.