Hand in Hand

Hello everyone, I am back with chapter 7 of The Summer I Fell in Love. I have some great ideas of where I would like to take this story, so stay tuned! If you like what you have read so far, please remember to FOLLOW, FAVORITE, and REVIEW. Enjoy!

Jordan's POV:

Nick and I make our way out of his office, hand in hand, and more in love than ever. I find myself just staring at him as we walk down the street. His tanned skin, his striking profile, and his deep brown eyes are enough to take my breath away. I almost feel that I am not worthy of him. I was just a cynical, golfer. I have always thought of myself as attractive, but not as pretty as others. When I was a girl, growing up with a close friend as beautiful as Daisy was challenging. She was always "the pretty one" and I was always known as Daisy's little friend. I wasn't quite sure why of all the women in New York, he had picked me. I am suddenly taken out of my haze of thoughts with Nick's smooth voice.

"Penny for your thoughts, Love?"

I look at him lovingly, and reply, "Well Nick, I was just thinking. Out of all of the women in New York, you've picked me. I'm not the prettiest, or the smartest, but you still chose me. I suppose I was just dwelling on how lucky I feel to be in love with a man like you."

Nick looks at me with a slight concern on his face, and says, "Jordie, honey, whatever gave you that idea? I think you are the most sensational woman to ever walk this earth. You are beautiful, but most of all, you have a brain. You can stick up for yourself, and you are capable of anything that comes your way. You never cease to amaze me Jordan, and don't you forget that. If anything, I should be the one wondering why you have chosen me! You could have your pick of all the bachelors in New York, but you chose a rather plain mid-western man who sells bonds and likes to write."

I look at him with a sly smile, "Well, I happen to adore men from the midwest who move to the big city to sell bonds and write on their free time."

Nick kisses my temple, and says "Darling, I have really won the jackpot on this one."

We both chuckle at each other, and continue our walk to the theater.

Nick's POV:

This has been the longest walk of my life. The only thing on my mind was how I was going to ask Jordan to marry me that night. Where would I ask? When would I ask? How would I ask? I couldn't find the answer to any of those questions, however, I knew that this was the right night. I loved the woman walking next to me with all of my heart, and she really means the world to me. Although I have only known her for two months, I couldn't imagine my life without her. Her striking brown hair, her alabaster skin, her perfect red lips, all the way down to her creamy, long legs. I loved every inch of this woman, inside and out. I simply couldn't wait to make her my wife.

We arrive at the theater to catch a glimpse of the Ziegfeld Follies. A friend of mine had gotten me some great tickets in the balcony, perfect for viewing the stage, and maybe even stealing a kiss or two from my lovely date.

We had gotten to the show about five minutes before the first act. We sat in our seats, with our hands still intertwined.

"Oh Nicky, these seats are wonderful, you are really treating me like the queen of New York this evening."

I smile at her, and without even thinking, I kiss her passionately in the middle of the theater. My lips begin to move down to her jawline, and quickly starting to venture down her neck.

"My goodness, love, what has gotten into you this evening? Someone missed me quite a bit!" She replies to me with a grin.

"I'm sorry darling, I can't help myself."