Life Starts Over Again in the Fall

Hello, everyone! I apologize for the wait, but I am back with Chapter 11 of The Summer I Fell in Love. As always, please remember to RATE, REVIEW, and FOLLOW!

Jordan's POV:

The weeks seem to be flying by, as the warm summer days turn into crisp, autumn afternoons. As I always say, "life starts over again when it gets cool and crisp in the fall". That phrase of mine seemed to be crossing Nick and I's mind quite a bit. With Nick now writing full time, I saw a brand new side of him. A happier, more fulfilled person. It truly made me incredibly happy seeing him pursue his passions.

While Nick was downstairs writing, I was upstairs getting ready for my day. I slipped on a new dress that I had bought a few weeks ago, and could barely zip it past my waist. My stomach had certainly been growing, as I approached my fourth month of carrying our child. I went downstairs half-way dressed and peered into Nick's office. He seemed fairly focused at the moment. As I turned away, Nick sees that I'm at the doorway.

"Hello, darling. How are you this morning?"

I approach him feeling embarrassed about my dress. My hormones have been all over the place lately, making my emotions much more fragile than usual.

"Nick, I don't understand how you can love me. Look at me! I can barely fit into any of my clothes! I'm so fat, and ugly, God I can't stand it!"

Nick rolled his eyes slightly and replied, "Darling, you're beautiful!"

"Well, I don't feel very beautiful!" I retorted back at him. "Would you please help me zip this up?"

After a few attempts, we still could not successfully zip up my dress. All of a sudden, tears began to pool down my face. I hated being this emotional and vulnerable. I wasn't used to acting this way, and I'm sure that Nick wasn't used to seeing me this way either.

Nick placed his hand on my face a wiped my tears. "Jordie, don't cry! No matter what, you are going to be beautiful to me! Whether you're carrying our child, or swinging a golf club, you will always be the most gorgeous girl in the world."

I laughed at his remarks, and sat down on his lap, enveloped in his scent. I placed kisses on his neck and jaw, and placing one, passionate kiss on his lips.

Nick looked up and smiled at me. "Jordan, I have an idea. How about, you and I go out shopping in the city today? I would love to spoil the love of my life and the mother of my child to a new autumnal wardrobe."

I placed a fleeting kiss to his lips, "Darling, there is nothing I would love more."

I got up from his lap, and made my way upstairs to attempt to find something to wear. I decided on a rose colored sheath dress due to how roomy it was, a matching hat, and a mink stole to try and mask my growing stomach.

I go downstairs, and Nick and I make our way to the car, and drive off into the city.

Nick's POV:

Driving into the city never used to be enjoyable to me. A few short weeks ago, I dreaded it. It meant that I had to leave my growing family in West Egg and go work at a job that I hated. Jordan gave me that slight push that I needed to pursue my dreams. Now, I was talking to the publisher Charles Scribner's & Sons. New beginnings were on the horizon for me, and I couldn't be more thrilled. Having my beautiful girl, Jordan, and our impending bundle of joy, gave me all the more reason to smile these days.

We made our way to Saks Fifth Avenue. Whenever Jordan goes into a clothing store, her eyes light up in the most amusing way. Maybe not so amusing for my wallet, but always gave me a laugh at how happy little gestures made her.