Twelve

We've been driving for days, but it was completely worth it. In less than a couple hours we would be in California the weather in Cali is completely different its sunny and warm and that's all i want. I want to be able to just sit in the sun feel the breeze just all of it sounds so good. We are finally at peace away from all the insanity, hopefully they never find us.  I think that from here on out I'll finally be normal again.

We get a fresh new start at living the normal life it might seem  rough because we have no money but I think with a good mind set we came make it.

We finally got to California after many many hours of driving, Tate has been so quiet he hasn't said a word in the last couple of hours.

" are you okay Tate?" I ask worried
"Yeah.... just thinking and I'm tired also"

"You want me to drive? I mean you've been driving the whole time I might as well drive the last hour"  I say

" really?! I mean I would like to sleep but then again do you know how drive" he asks

" yeah I can drive just let me drive " i say demanding

"Ok"

He drives  the car into a rest stop, Tate unbuckled his seatbelt gets out of the car I hop into the drivers seat, he gets in the passenger seat.
Tate told me which exit I had to exit on he fell asleep as soon as I was on the high way, he looks cute when he sleeps.

An hour passed the exit is coming up I get on the farthest left lane, dang California has a lot of cars and lots of traffic.

"Tate wake up we are not on the highway anymore " i say
He jolts up,
"Now where are we gonna go ?" I ask

"Umm I don't know we haven't planned that far yet " he says
"Well we need somewhere to sleep but we also don't have any money " I say

"Drive to the beach " he says
"Okay? "

It took us another half an hour to get to the beach, why the beach what is he thinking.

We get out of the car, Tate starts to walk towards the beach.
I follow behind, it's already night so it's pretty dark I stay close behind him.

Tate spots a man he starts walking towards him,
"Stay here "  Tate says with a very serious voice

I stop moving I froze, Tate walks towards the man slowly I notice that he's holding something. It's a rock.
Tate then gets behind the man and bashes his head with a rock, in shock I put my hand to my mouth holding back a scream.
I run towards Tate
"Are you crazy!" I whisper yell
"I mean we both are we were in an asylum for a reason " he whispers back

Tate is checking his pockets he finds the mans wallet and grabs all the cash,
"Why don't you take the credit card ?"
"That's dumb they can track the credit card down"
He checks the other pocket grabs the phone out and dials 911

"911 what's your emergency " the lady on the phone asks

" umm we found a guy on the floor with his head bashed open he seems to be passed out "

Tate tells the woman his location he grabs the phone and puts it back in the guys pocket a long with the wallet.
We speed off to the car, Tate is driving once again.
He hands me the money and I count $500 dollars.
"How much money do we have " he asks

"500 dollars " I answer

"Ok that's enough to get a cheap hotel, new clothes and food" he says

" we just need to find an old cheap hotel because hotels in California must be expensive"

Tate drives I guess to the poor side of California which is Palmdale in Los Angeles.
We find a hotel park in the parking lot and get out of the car.