Chapter 2

The previews have finally finished, and the actual movie just started playing. The lights in the living room were off, and even though there was some light coming into the room from the windows it was pretty dark.

I let my eyes wander, the movie really didn't interest me. I've seen it over a hundred times. My eyes landed on him. I had to admit he was pretty attractive. His eyes made me want to melt. I had always liked green eyes. 

"Like what you see?" He asked with a smug look on his face.

"I guess," I responded. I wasn't going to let him see me blush for the second time in a matter of hours. He lifted his arms from his lap and stretched. Oh great, he's going to do that cheesy move.

He placed his arm around me. Frankly, I'm just too lazy to remove it, but apparently what I was thinking and what pretty boy was thinking were two completely different things. He brought his left hand to my face and started to lean in.

So I did the first thing that was on my mind. I pushed him. His eyes flew open. Our faces were centimeters apart. I stood up from the couch. "What the hell were you doing!" I exclaimed.

"What did it look I was doing?" He replied.

"Something that you sure as hell shouldn't have been doing." I spat. What the was he thinking! We just met a couple of hours ago. I'm sure as hell not going to kiss him.

"Well, why not. We both know it's going to happen sooner or later." He said. I let out a huff. He doesn't get it does he?

"I don't know if you get this or not, but we just met," I said gesturing to us.

"Well, I'm sorry. I just want to try to have some sort of connection with you before we get married." He spat.

"Well didn't it ever occur to you to ask me what I want?" I said with my teeth gritted. He stayed silent. "That's what I thought," I said I stormed off to my room. Harry followed me, but by the time he was at my door I had slammed it shut and locked it

I felt a tear slide down my face. It doesn't seem like anyone cares anymore. I don't feel like anyone puts my best interest first. All the books I've read and all the movies I've seen are all right. This world is cruel and selfish.

Everyone is out for themselves. I do see Harry's point of having some sort of relationship before we get married, but I think he's moving too fast. I also have to put this on my parents. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't be in this position.

"Riley." He said tapping on my door. "I'm sorry." He breathed. "Can you please come out."

"I just want to be alone right now." I replied. I heard his footsteps become faint which meant that he left. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called my best friend Paige.

"Hey girly! Happy birthday."

"Thanks, how is your day?" I asked.

"Good, how was your birthday girl." I could feel the happiness radiating off of her.

"It's alright." I breathed.

"What do you mean alright! It should be amazing." She exclaimed.

"Um well, I met him today. And it didn't go well." I replied.

"I'm coming over." She stated.

"I think he's still here." I replied.

"Well, that just means that I can kick his ass." She stated.

"Alright, I'll see you in a couple minutes." I replied.

"Bye." She said. It seems like whenever I'm upset Paige always seems to make it better. I opened the door and walked out of my room. I stood at the top of the stairs. "I know I messed up. She's locked herself in her room."

If that doesn't sound suspicious then I don't know what does. Then there was a knock at the door. "I have to go." He said. I ran down the stairs. I beat him to the door and opened it to see Paige.

"What the hell," Paige said as I pulled her through the door. "You must be the guy Riles was talking about." I have never wanted to smack her harder than I do right now. He looked at me with his eyebrow raised. A smirk adorned his face.

"You were talking about me?" He said smugly.

"Yeah, about how much of an twit you are." She replied. His smirk was immediately wiped off his face. I let a small laugh escape my lips. Their attention was diverted from each other to me.

"Harry." He said sticking out his hand. Damn his recovery time was fast. Paige looked at his hand. It seemed like she was debating on whether to shake his hand or not.

"Paige." She replied. Her hands still at her sides. He pulled his hand back realizing that she wasn't going to shake it. He wiped his hands on his pants. He looked nervous scared even. Which I find rather amusing.

For once since I met him. Which was a mere few hours ago. He showed some other emotion other than being smug.

"So, how are you treating my friend?" She asked.

"I would like to think rather well since I only met her this morning," Harry replied scratching the back of his neck. Paige just looked at him with her eyebrow raised. I think this is the best thing that has happened today.

I mean my day didn't start off so great. I met Harry and he's almost as arrogant as they come. Since then it has pretty much gone downhill. Except for the fact that he bought me pancakes. Let me tell you they were good pancakes. "Happy birthday, again." Paige smiled while pulling something from behind her back.

It was a small box with some wrapping paper on it. "Thank you." I smiled. I opened it to reveal a sterling silver handcuff necklace that was identical to hers.

"It's for my partner in crime." She said smiling at me. I engulfed her in a hug.

"It's beautiful. Thank you so much." I looked over at Harry to see him smiling at us.

"You look so beautiful when you're smiling." He stated. That's when Paige pulled away and awed. "Can I help you put it on?" He asked.

Paige decided to answer for me with a very enthusiastic yes. I pulled my hair to the side as Harry moved behind me. I felt the coolness of the necklace against my skin. I shivered when I felt his breath in my ear.

"I'm sorry about earlier. Can we start over?" Harry whispered. I found myself nodding. I would have to end up forgiving him sooner or later. That and I did kind of overreact. I felt a small peck on my ear. I felt my cheeks warm up.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist. Which then Paige mumbled something about wishing she had someone like Harry. Believe me, if we could switch places I would.

My life hasn't started yet and I'm already getting married. I just wish my parents would realize what they're making me do.