Chapter 8

Well, that night I and Paige weren't as quiet as we thought we were. As we were taking off our shoes I was apparently really tipsy. I ended up falling into the table that held a vase of flowers, which then fell to the floor and shattered.

My parents both rushed down the stairs and let's just say that the end of the night wasn't pretty. We probably woke the entire country with our screaming. Paige was sent home and I was grounded.

I was grounded for a month. Which in this house felt like an eternity. My feet hit the hard cold wood of the dining room. My father was reading the newspaper. "The spawn of Satan decided to grace us with her presence." My mother said placing her book on the table.

"You really shouldn't call yourself satan mother. It's an insult to Satan." I replied pouring myself a glass of orange juice. I heard my father snort which then my mother smacked his arm.

"Don't encourage her." She spat.

"What kind of bacon is this?" I asked picking the piece up.

"Turkey, why?" My father said. I scrunched my nose and placed the piece back on the plate.

"You made the weird bacon," I replied.

"It's healthier Riley, and you have to keep your girlish figure for Harry." My mother said.

"You have got to be kidding me." I groaned placing my hands over my eyes. All I wanted was damn piece of bacon. I ate my breakfast in silence.

Once I was done I picked up my plate and put in the sink. I dragged my leg behind me as I walked. "What on earth are you doing Riley." My mother said rolling her eyes.

"Just lugging my ball and chain around with me. You know since I'm in prison." I replied.

"You are so dramatic. Why don't you act your age for once?" She tutted.

"It's a shame that I don't own an orange jumpsuit. I could really fit the part then. Couldn't I mother?" I replied. She groaned in response. If she was going to make my life a living hell I'm certainly going to make her's one too.

"Your father and I are going to be going out today so Harry is coming by to keep an eye on you." She said. You have got to be kidding me. I'm eighteen and I had one night of rebellion and she's treating it like it was the end of the world. I wonder if she knows that there are kids out there that are worse than I am.

"I don't need a babysitter," I stated.

"After your actions from the other night, I highly doubt that." She replied. Our arguing came to a halt when we heard a knocking at the door. "Go open it." My mother dismissed. I opened the door to see Harry. He was wearing his typical black skinny jeans. And paired with it an odd patterned sheer shirt.

"You look stupid." Those were the first words out of my mouth.

"Awe babe, how sweet of you." He said engulfing me in a hug. I swear if he squeezed just a little harder my lungs were gonna collapse. I kind of wished he did, then I wouldn't have to be here anymore.

"Well, we are going to get going." My father said. He said goodbye to the both of us as did my mother. Her telling me to behave and me rolling my eyes. Then they left leaving Harry and I alone.

"So what was the damage?" Harry asked.

"Pardon?" I asked.

"For the other night, what happened?" He asked.

"Oh, I got grounded for a month no phone, no friends, and no leaving the house unless under the supervision of my parents," I replied.

"Bummer." He laughed. I slapped his shoulder.

"Yeah, and now I'm stuck with you." I teased.

"I would not call it stuck Ms. Wilson." He laughed. I rolled my eyes and let out a small laugh. "So what are we going to do? Since you're grounded."

"Well, I negotiated not getting the television taken away." I smiled. He smiled shaking his head. We sat on the couch. I hooked the television up to my Netflix account. "Parks and Rec?" I asked.

"Sure." He replied. Oh, thank god. 

Words cannot describe how much I love this show. I pretty much was going to ignore Harry and binge watch parks and rec. "So-" Harry started but I placed my hand over his mouth quieting him. I felt something wet touch my hand.

"Oh my gosh." I pulled my hand away. "Did you seriously just lick my hand!" I exclaimed.

"Why yes, yes I did." He replied. I rubbed my hand on his shirt. Ridding my hand from his spit.

"You are disgusting." I cringed. I moved to the other side of the couch and curled myself into a ball so then I would be the furthest I could from him. That didn't last very long though because half a season and half a bag of Doritos later Harry was practically laying on top of me.

"Pay attention to me." He whined. He wrapped his arms around me. He leaned over and blew on my cheek.

"What are you doing?" I laughed. I turned and faced him. He closed the gap between our lips. I felt those familiar butterflies in my stomach. A couple of minutes later he pulled away.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself." He said.

"It's fine," I replied running my fingers through my hair.

"Well, I think I should get going," Harry said suddenly standing up. He was so odd one minute he wanted to be around me and then the next he couldn't get away fast enough. 

"Oh um okay. See you later." I replied. He hugged me quickly before disappearing out the front door. It seems like almost every moment with Harry is extremely awkward. I'm pretty sure that's just my fault though. I don't really know how to act around guys.

I'll never forget the time in eighth grade when  I tried climbing over a fence and my pants got stuck and ripped as I got down. It wasn't that bad until Brett Robinson the school heartthrob of the eighth grade walked past.

Let's just say that I will never ever climb a fence and Brett Robinson will never look my way ever again.