Chapter 9

Finally, my month of grounding ends today. Today I decided to meet up with Paige. Much to my mother's dismay. Or it would be if I told her. "Where do you think you're going?" She asked looking up from her book.

"Well, last time I check my grounding is over so it is none of your concern," I replied stuffing my phone in my pocket. I sighed in relief when I felt it there. As sad as it may sound I felt like I was missing a piece of me when it was taken away.

"Riley."

"What mother."

"Please stay safe, and don't do anything stupid." I was surprised when she said this. She never let me go anywhere without grilling me about where I'm going and who I'm going to be with. I nodded before walking out the door. It was extremely uncharacteristic of her just to let me go. 

Maybe she decided to change and let the reigns down a little. That was highly unlikely, she has been set in her ways since she was a child. Her mother groomed her to be a proper lady. It most likely made her life miserable. Which I guess made her feel like she had to raise me the same because she knew no different.

I mulled over those thoughts as I walked to the small cafe that Paige was waiting at. I also kind of wonder why they are so bent on me marrying Harry. I highly doubt it's so then I'm happy. Because if they truly wanted to make me happy they would let me experience the world. And when I met the right person and was ready I would get married.

I dismissed those thoughts when I walked up to the cafe's front door. My eyes scoped the area looking for Paige. My eyes met hers and I smiled while walking over to her. "I hope you don't mind but I invited someone." She said as I sat down.

"I don't," I replied.

"Hello, Riley." He said sitting down next to me. I shot daggers over at Paige. Giving her the are you serious look. She raised her hands in surrender.

"Why is he here?" I asked.

"Why thank you for asking Riley I am wonderful." He said.

"I honestly don't care how you are Daniel," I replied. Daniel is my ex-boyfriend. He was a very close friend of Paige and I. We developed feelings for each other and ended up going out. Let's just say that it didn't end well.

I mean how could it end well when you tell your current girlfriend that you love her. While behind her back you're making out with another girl. Once I found out I broke up with him immediately. Much to his dismay. I put up with him constantly trying to win me back, and after a month of turning him down, he realized that he didn't have a chance winning me back.

Of course, me finding out that he cheated shattered me, and you can be certain that I drowned myself in Ben and Jerry's while blasting Taylor Swift. Since then I've done a pretty good job at ignoring his existence.

It wouldn't have hurt as bad but he was my first love and it made it almost impossible to get over him.

Well up until now. "Why the hell did you invite him here?" I asked.

"I wanted to see you." He replied.

"She can speak for herself," I stated.

"I thought we could use a reunion. We've changed since then and I think that we should forget the past. You know, start out fresh." She said.

"Yeah well, I'm still not over it. So I hope you two have a fantastic day." I rolled my eyes standing up from my seat.

"Riley wait," Paige said. She grabbed onto my arm.

"You know how I feel. You knew that this would upset me and you did it anyway. Now let go." I spat.

"I just wanted the three musketeers back. I want my best friends back. I'm sorry if I seem a little selfish, but back then you two were the selfish ones and you know what sucks? I was the one who lost both of her friends." She replied. I didn't know that's how she felt. I guess I never really thought about how Paige would feel about me and Daniel. I only thought about myself.

"I'm sorry Paige, but I really can't do this right now." I replied. There was just so much going on in my life right now and I really didn't want to deal with Daniel anymore. I understand where Paige is coming from but she should've asked me how I would've felt before bringing him back into our lives.

"Fine, but remember that the next time you need something from me." She replied as she let go of my arm. I shook my head. I walked out of the cafe. I couldn't trust him. After everything that he did and all the lies that he's told me. Paige and I were better friends than her and Daniel and I can't believe that she would believe him over me.

I give up. It seems like everything is slowly crumbling before my eyes. I decided to walk to the closest McDonald's. I figured that I could drown my sorrows in french fries. If she wanted to be friends with him then so be it. It'll be her mistake. I don't want to hear it when he ends up hurting her. Because he will, just like he hurt me.