Chapter 16

I sat there staring off into space as the lady was painting my nails. "Are you okay Riley?" Gemma asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine why?" I asked.

"The lady finished your nails a couple of minutes ago." She said and I looked at them.

"Sorry, I was just thinking," I said while getting up. I couldn't stop thinking about what they were trying to hide from me. I need to stop worrying. I mean for all I know the reason I could be marrying Harry is because my parents don't trust me enough to find someone that they could agree with for me to marry.

"Don't worry Riley everything will be fine." She assured. I walked over to the drying station. I sat down and put my hands and feet underneath the lamp.

"So what are you thinking about?" Paige asked as she sat down next to me. Paige and I settled our differences. We decided that she could be friends with Daniel as long as she kept her relationship with him separate from ours.

"Nothing," I replied.

"You can't be thinking about nothing. You keep staring off into space" She said. Gemma sat down near us and Paige started to act weird. My eyebrows furrowed.

I looked down at my nails and made sure they were dry before I stood up and put my sandals back on. I walked over to the little couch that was near the entrance and sat down. I had enough on my plate already as it is. I didn't need to worry about what was going on between those two.

I needed to know what everyone was hiding from me. My parents kept a sister from me, a whole person. Who knows what else they could be hiding.

"You ready to go?" Perrie asked.

"Yeah," I replied while nodding. I stood up and followed them to the car. Paige took a seat next to me.

"So, how are you? We haven't really spoken in a while." She said.

"Okay I guess, how about you?" I said.

"I'm good." She replied. And then there was an awkward silence. I started to fiddle with my shirt.

"So how long have you known Harry?" Perrie asked.

"Not that long," I replied. She raised her eyebrows in shock. If I was her I would have the same reaction too. It's not every day that someone marries someone they've only known for a short amount of time.

"How long have you known Zayn?" I asked. I was hoping to take the attention off of me.

"About four years." She replied and I nodded. They were a couple you would expect to be getting married. They knew they were in love with each other. They weren't two people that were thrown together in hopes that something would develop.

I pulled out my phone trying to avoid anymore awkwardness."We're back," Gemma said. We all got out of the car and walked back into my house.

"Ah, you're back." My mother said with a smile.

"Where's Harry?" I asked. My mother looked at me with an eyebrow raised and a smile still gracing her face.

"He's out with the boys. He should be back in a couple of hours." Anne answered

"Oh," I replied.

"So did you girls have fun?" My mom asked. some of us nodded while the others mumbled a 'yes.'

"Are you hungry?" She asked and we nodded.

"Okay, there's some food in the kitchen." She said. We walked into the kitchen and saw some sandwiches.

"Do you girls want to sit outside?" I asked and they nodded. We grabbed some food and went outside. We sat down at a little patio table that we had on the deck.

They were all talking immersed in their conversations while I sat there eating my sandwich in silence.

"Why are you so quiet?" Paige asked.

"I'm just thinking," I replied.

"About what?" She asked. About how you guys can't seem to be honest with me. Or seem to care about how I feel about any of this.

"Things," I replied. She nodded and went back to what she was doing before.