Found

Found

As I followed Varian an uneasy feeling settled over me, I could feel tension forming in the assembled party that you could cut with a knife. And then I knew why, Cressida.

CRAP!

The Princess of Adriata stood there in the centre of the clearing, by now the sky had

faded into lilac as the sun waved goodbye in the summer evening. The humidity hung over me like a muggy blanket of sweltering heat, the smell of sweaty guard's bodies was over whelming my fae senses. My eyes travelled up her lithe figure, her dress hugging her in a way that eventuated her small curves. Her long white hair cascaded down her back in large, bouncy curls, that contradicted her flawless tan skin. She was just as intimidating as ever, but I knew her better than that.

I started to attempt to hide my face, knowing she would recognise me once she sees me. Her arms cross over her chest as she focused her hard chocolate eyes, that in this light looks like a black bottomless pit, on Varian. As I gaze between the two, I want to kick myself. How could I not have remembered him? Varian was her brother; he was only little last time I had met him. While Cress and I were in our hundreds he had only just turned eighty during the war so we spent very little time together. Whereas Cressida and I, well we spent a lot more time together.

"So what was the issue?" she demands looking expectantly up at her little brother, so she hadn't seen me yet. It doesn't surprise me though I, without meaning to, had positioned myself behind a large gaurd to avoid detection. Once she sees me I'm done for she would recognise me. And any hope of getting undectected went out the window, what would she say. She probably thinks I'm dead, well didn't everyone?

"There was a female at the border, trying to get home to the night court. She looks very sickly and I think Tamlin spat the name as if it was toxic to him "had been keeping her hostage there, judging on the torcher marks and the similarities to those who were kept during the war." Wow, I was not expecting that, he hadn't recognised me but he recognised the whip scars marking my exposed back and my black and blue face due to the daily beatings. Mother, it's a miracle I'm actually standing.

"well then where is she?" I could see that Cress was getting irritated at this exchange and my apparent abuse. "you didn't let her go, did you, Varian?" the steel in her eyes and tone, made me shudder. The tempter was dropping as much as it could in the summer court, and there was a soft breeze making its way through the trees, and as the wind ruffled my hair I realised hiding behind a guard wont mask my scent.

"Of course not Cressida, she's behind me-" Varian was cut off by a gust of wind, un-natural to the summer court but all the same, and Cressida's gasp as I side step away from the guard. Exposing myself fully to the princess.

Her hand rose to her mouth and she just stood there in shock. I knew everyone around me was confused and I decided I should probably say something. Before I could say anything Cressida said "I thought you were dead, Rhys said you were dead!" As she said this silent tears started streaming down my face, as the full weight of my lost time hit me.

"I know , but I need to get home, please Cress help me." I silently pleaded " don't send me back to the spring court I need to see Rhys I need to see my brother. I need to go h-home" huge wreaking sobs to shudder through me as I gaze upon her small frame, at the devastation and glimmers of joy on her face.

"I understand "she starts to nod; more tears start to fall down her face. "but, you are staying in Adriata tonight, I insist, Tarquin won't mind.Rhys can't see you like this, you need food and sleep." She says starting to compose herself , and I could see the mask of the princess coming back, as I did for myself. Cressida turns to her confused brother and the rest of the guards and gestures to me as she says, "Varian, men, let me introduce you to Diana, princess of the night court. Sister to Rhysand the high lord of the night court, back from the dead."

At the last bit I laugh and swagger up to my old 'friend' winking at her as I say, "best be on our way then." she lets a small laugh escape her lips as she grabs my hand and we winnow into darkness. 

 HEY GUYS SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATE I PROMISE TO HAVE QUICK UPDATE NEXT TIME. AND WHO KNOWS MABEY DIANA WILL BE GOING HOME SOON ? 

ANYWAY BYE FOR NOW XXX