Explanation?

Part 7

Dianna POV

I could feel Rhysand stand behind my back protectively as I stared at Lucian daring him to say a word but he couldn't meet my eyes. I saw Feyre look at the red fox and ask "What is she talking about Lucian" a smirk crosses my face as I see him look away in shame.

"still can't look at me Lucian?" I start to walk towards him slowly, so as to not be attacked by his mate. "I wondered where you buggred off too. It seems a life as a war criminal, was too much for you?" I say and cock my head to the side and I can feel the tension in the room raise as I hear Rhysand growl and slip into a killing calm. The only thing holding him back is Feyre's hand on his arm.

"Lucian. Explain. NOW!" Feyre roars through gritted teeth but Lucian keeps his eyes down casted to scared too look at anyone. I scoff, at his antics to avoid the demand.

"Come on Lucian, I'll let you tell them how you helped Tamlin take my mother and I away from my little brother and father." All swagger gone and plain fury and hate laces every word. "you can tell them about the scars that line my back or the brand on my shoulder." I can hear my voice cracking but I continue to walk towards the red fox who helped that monsters for those years, "Why don't you tell my brother how his sister was whipped, burned for hours on end while you watched and did nothing to stop it!" I can feel a hand on my shoulder and lean into it feeling a tug towards them, I smell the citrus and cinnamon. I turn my head to see Mors face, tears streaming down her beautiful features. I turn back to Lucian, who still doesn't have the balls to look me in the eye. "why don't you tell my family how you clipped my mother's wings to silence her, and when that didn't work you made her watch as Tamlin tore into mine so that the damage would be beyond repair, but left them on me as a cruel reminder of what I lost and would never get back." I knew once I said that Lucian was as good as dead. Wings where everything to an Illyrian, and I was right. The moment everyone heard me and understood what I had said I felt Cassian, Rhys and Az analysing my wings to see that half the membrane was gone and the wings shape was deformed, subtle enough that you wouldn't notice but great enough that there was not holding frame to them.

"cauldron" I heard Mor whisper behind me and I turned to face her fully. she pulls me towards her and embraces me, I sob into her shoulder and I can feel her fury as she stares down Lucian. "I'm taking Dianna to the town house" she says to Rhysand. The next thing I know I'm in my old room. It was obvious Rhysand has kept this room locked away due to the layer of dust coating all my belongings. Nut seeing the room like I left it brought a fresh layer of tears that I couldn't control.

I feel Mor come up behind me "hey, baby its ok. Your safe now I'm here." I look into her eyes and before I know it I feel her lips on mine and my arms around her waist. Then...

SNAP,  we pull apart and look at each other, her chocolate orbs meet my starry violet and one word rings in my head incessantly.

Mate

Hey guys, I'm really sorry about taking so long to update but I have been traveling and I'm going in for an operation soon so I've been rly stressed and haven't found time to work on it. I'm sorry if this chapter sucked but if u liked it leave a comment and vote so I know to keep updating. That's all for now, Love you guysssss

xxxx