2 || testify and run

Five days Later

Five days Later

Honestly being in this court room is freaking me out. It is also letting me know that every thing that happened was real and wasn't a dream. I ran my sweaty hands down on my black pants as I stood outside the room waiting for things to start. My dad and Zeke decided to come with me while mom stayed home with Yavin, Maximus and Maverick to finish up with the packing and have everything ready in vase we leave today.

"All you are doing is testifying, just relax and calm down" dad said in my ear. I nodded fiddling with my fingers.

Zeke patted my shoulder as the prosecutor came up to us with a smile and a brief case in his hand.

"Come on in. The preliminary hearing is about to start. Once you are finished, the authorities will let you know if you have to leave today" He said.

I nodded and followed him inside the court room. Dad, Zeke and I sat in the front row as the prosecutor took his place up front.

"All rise for the honorable Judge Jones" the security guard said.

We all stood up as the judge came out in his long black judge robe. He looked young. Like older than my dad but younger than my grand father.

"You may be seated." He said after he sat down.

Everyone sat down and we went on with hearing. I was the only witness so that I know of. We listened to the defendant say all this jibber jabber. I looked to my right and saw those same guys that killed that man. They all looked at me and did a killing motion with their hands shaped as guns.

"The prosecutor calls Yael Martinez to the stand. "

I took a breath and walked up to the witness stand. The guard stood in front of me with a bible.

"Right hand on the bible and answer I do"

I placed my right hand on the bible and looked at. I really don't read the bible. My family reads the Quran.

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

I nodded " I do"

"You may sit" he said. I sat down in the chair and pulled out a piece of string and twirled my fingers around it to keep myself from fidgeting.

"Mr. Martinez, tell us what happened July 4th, 2016 at 8:30 p.m." He asked. I looked towards them then at my dad. He nodded.

I began to relive that moment once again for these people.

All eyes were on me as I began to talk.

"I was walking home from the corner store after getting my madre some stuff to finish her 4th of July dinner. I took the short way home my cutting through the alley. My house was just a few blocks away.