10 || boo thang

"What do you mean we are going back to New York." I heard my mom say.

I was still upset and sore, they thought I was sleep, but when I heard pops say, we were going back to New York I had to listen in.

"Look that Cassius kid did this to Yael, it was already bad enough the boy had a girl friend and lead him on. But it was the last straw when I heard he beat him." Pops said.

I felt ma's hand stroke my face I flinched cause of the pain. My side was hurting.

"Just think about the kids before you decide we move. Yael has friends and to make him leave, especially now? It's not healthy."

Pops sighed. "Okay Yala. I will think about it"

I didn't want to go back to New York. I have a lot of friends here now and it would suck for me to have to leave them.

I was picked up once again and was being moved.

"Q go see Yala in my room, she will clean you up." Pops said "and you can sleep in Zeke's room."

I felt him go up the stairs and I guess towards my room. He laid me on the bed and left out.

I would be stupid to go back to Cassius after he beat me. It baffles me how he can just turn into some one like that.

Maybe this was s sign. A sign that is warning me that I Yael Capone Brewster does not need to be in an relationship.

I just laid their in my bed. I couldn't go to sleep. I just wanted to know what I did wrong.

I heard my door open and close. " bubby"

I lifted my head to the door and saw Maverick in his Spider-Man pajamas. I moved towards the wall and he ran over and climbed in bed with me.

"Who hurt you" he asked softly placing his little small hand on my face.

"Don't worry about it Mav, just go to sleep ok"

He looked at me with his eyes squinted, but laid down, he scooted his body into mine I put the covers over him and just watched him go to sleep.

It was now 10 in the morning and of course I went to sleep for an hour but was awoken out of it by Maverick kicking me. He tends to sleep pretty wildly.

I looked too my left and he was hanging off the bed. I got up and positioned him in the middle and limped my sore body to the bathroom to get ready for the day. After my shower, I looked at my hair. It grew out a lot and I like it.

After getting dressed I went into my room to see Mav was gone. I held my side and limped down the stairs.

Mara and Q were at the kitchen island. I took a seat in between them.

"How you feel baby boy?" Mara asked me.

"Still in pain, the bruises are fresh. I laid my head on Q's shoulder. I looked up at him and he had a bandage above his eyebrow. He fought his best friend for me. He didn't have to do that.

"How do you feel Q?"

He shrugged and looked down at me. "I have been in worst fights than that. I'm fine. Are you fine."

I nodded my head softly. Is it wrong to say I have caught feelings for Q knowing that he is not gay.

"I'm going to see a movie tonight, you want to go with me? Just us, a guys day out." Q asked.

"I don't know" I said.

"You should go, it would get your mind off of things, my treat.." Q encouraged.