7- Annie, Dogs, and More

Your jet black tentacle slammed against the snooze button as you groaned. Every Friday felt the same, no matter what; like a Monday times two. You got up and stretched before your tentacle slithered slowly back into your shoulder. You yawned before going over to your dresser and getting dressed.

You got the star necklace on before grabbing a water bottle and the notebook you promised to buy Annie

You got the star necklace on before grabbing a water bottle and the notebook you promised to buy Annie. You put the water bottle and notebook in your bag before cracking your back. You grabbed your bag and slipped it on before walking to school.

Of course, everything was normal.

You dealt with the rich bitches and basterds, went to classes, and got ready for work. You stopped by the eighth grade wing to see Annie. "Hey, Ann." Annie looked at you and walked over. "Did you get it?" Annie asked. You nodded and pulled out the notebook. Annie beamed.

You ruffled her hair before heading to the animal shelter. You took care of the dogs when a co-worker, who everybody called 'Pork Chop', walked in while carrying a dog. "What happened Pork Chop?" You asked as he placed the dog on the counter. "Some jerk hit it! Bad!"

You nodded before getting the first aid kit and starting to treat the poor dog. Pork Chop looked at the list of phone numbers and called the vet. You cleaned the wound and wrapped it in bandages. You placed your hand on the dog's muzzle before feeling it lick you.

"How old do you think this dog is?" You asked as you slowly petted the dog. "I'd say maybe a year or two old." Pork Chop replied. You kept slowly petting the dog. You then heard the bell over the door ring before you saw Annie.

"Annie? Whatcha doing here?"

Annie shrugged before throwing her bag next to yours. Annie noticed the dog and walked over. "What happened Porky?" Annie asked as Pork Chop got some water and dog food. "Some fucking asshole hit the mutt with a knife." You tilted your head to Pork Chop's answer. "How, in the name on God, to you hit something with a knife?" You asked.

"You mean, the asshole stabbed it?" Annie asled before seeing you sending her a look. "That will be the only time you saw that." You said before the dog nuzzled your hand. "That dog really likes you!" Annie exclaimed.

Pork Chop chuckled before you took a pen and threw it at him. He rubbed his head as the dog lapped up the water. "You should keep em' (y/n)!" Annie said as you petted the dog. "I don't know..." You said. "Think of it as your first boyfriend." Pork Chop said.

"Not. Cool." You growled before petting the dog. The dog looked up at you and you swore you saw a dark and terrible past deep in it's beautiful eyes. "I will help you." You whispered softly to the dog before receiving a lick on your cheek.