8- Annie's parents

You allowed Annie to stay to help care for the dog as Pork Chop checked its collar. "Guys," you and Annie looked over as Pork Chop held the collar, "this dog is a year old and it's owner is... gone." You perked before taking the collar. The tag read 'Silver'.

"Silver...?" You said before the dog perked and looked at you. "Looks like he's-" Annie started before the door swung open, snapping the bell right off. Annie quickly hid under the desk as you saw Annie's parents. "You. Girl." Annie's father said. You flattened your eyebrows as Silver laid down.

"You usually hang around our bitch daughter. Where is she?" You shrugged before petting Silver. "Haven't seen her." You said as Pork Chop agreed. The two left before Pork Chop motioned Annie to come out. "What was that about?" Pork Chop asked. "No idea, Annie?" You said. Annie seemed nervous suddenly.

"Whats going on Annie?" You asked as Silver looked at you. "M..My dad's company recently w..went bankrupt... S..so my dad and mom a..are always getting wasted and k..keep beating me..." Annie replied with tears in her eyes. You couldn't believe what you were hearing.

You looked at Silver before you took in a breath. "What time do they get wasted?" You asked as Pork Chop left to tell the manger about the bell. "Around six, or in a hour." Annie answered. "Wanna be roomies?" You asled with a smile. Annie gasped out a "REALLY?!"

You nodded before Annie hugged you. You ruffled her hair before making Silver a new collar with your address on it. Silver jumped off the counter before you threw Annie a large hoodie. "Wear this." You ordered before Annie slipped it on. You pulled the hood over her head quickly.

"See ya guys." You said as Silver and Annie followed. You asked Annie where was her house and she said she knew a shortcut through the woods. You followed Annie before you all heard something snap.

And it almost didn't sound human.