|5|

"So what happened between you two?" Yachi asked curiously.

Kuroo looked curiously at Yachi. "We reconciled didn't we?"

"I'm not so sure he feels the same... but that's not what I meant. I mean... I meant in highschool."

Kuroo tilted his head. "What happened in highschool?"

Yachi frowned. "Everyone was sure that the two of you were dating, I don't know what happened since then-"

"Woah, woah, woah, are you okay? I have no idea what you're talking about," Kuroo said flustered now. "I don't remember ever going to highschool with Kenma? I haven't seen him before until a few days ago!"

Now it was Yachi's turn to be confused. "What do you mean?! Aren't you two childhood friends? He was your team's setter!"

Kuroo stared blankly at Yachi. "It's strange that I don't recall who our setter was in highschool... but I'm sure this is the first time I've ever met Kenma..." he trailed off seeming to remember something.

Yachi was going to ask what was on his mind, but they had already reached her house. "Goodnight, Yachi," Kuroo said smiling, as if their conversation was forgotten.

"Goodnight... Kuroo."

@@@

"Yaku, are you sure you enlightened me in everything that I missed?" Kuroo asked desperately through the phone.

"I wouldn't know, maybe," he said in a bored tone. "It's not like you forgot a certain time period, you just forgot certain things, how would I know what else you forgot. Heck you don't even remember how you lost your memory," He said rebelliously.

"I don't know, anything... anything about Kenma?" Kuroo interrogated.

The was a pause on the other side of the line. 

"No. Kenma played no part in your past."

Kuroo doubted those words. It was just, the way he phrased it seemed very unconvincing.

Yaku, sensing the disbelief from Kuroo added, "Why not just ask the person yourself?"

@@@

Kenma didn't know what he wanted anymore. After the accident he had set his heart on never seeing Kuroo again. He didn't want to take away Kuroo's future. He knew what people thought about gays. He knew about how much struggles gay relationships must suffer. He knew that Kuroo was straight until him.

But in the end he couldn't survive on his own without Kuroo. He managed the expenses, did the cooking, the cleaning... without Kuroo, Kenma soon found himself on the streets. That may just be my excuse, he thought to himself, knowing he himself would never be able to bear having someone else take Kuroo away from him.

It's been a year since the accident, Kenma thought. It's been a year since Kuroo forgot me.

@@@

"What... is that..." Kuroo asked staring at what was in Kenma's hands, frying pan in hand and a pink apron on.

"It's a cat! He was in a box on the side of the road and I took him because it's going to rain soon," Kenma explained

Kuroo closed his eyes and sighed.

"You, just out of college. Me? I just landed a job without a stable position. How can you be so irresponsible to take in another being, another life, into our house which we can barely provide for?" Kuroo lectured.

"I'll take care of it-"

"That's not the problem here!"

"But I couldn't just let it die out there?!"

"And you'd rather let it die with us? Weighing on our conscience? We can barelt provide for ourselves!" Kuroo argued, "besides, we don't know if out apartment allows pets!"

Tears blurred Kenma's sight. Kuroo's argument was reasonable, and all he said was true... but he couldn't let this kitty stay out there.

"Then, I'll find this kitty a home," Kenma murmured, before rushing out the door which was still open.

"Wha-, wai-KENMA!" The door closed. Shit he didn't take an umbrella, he thought peeking out the kitchen window. He mumbled a profanity before pulling off the apron and turned off the stove. He grabbed two umbrellas and ran out the door too.

Shiiiiit, Kenma has a horrible direction sense. the way he goes to work is the way he comes back and in this emotional state...in this downpoar...

Shit.

He caught a glimpse of Kenma before he turned the corner

@@@

If you guys haven't realized already, the italics is a flashback and will explain y and how Kuroo forgot about their beautiful relationship. In the flashback Kenma's 23 and Kuroo's 24, so a year ago from the present