|4|

"Ah, Yachi-chan..." The girl stood up from her seat on the couch.

"Ah it's so nice to see you again! I should've known it was you when Kuroo said he got a roommate!" She said gayly.

"Yachi-chan...you're, um," Kenma looked at painfully.

The girl chuckled blushing. "Ah, yes, I'm dating Kuroo."

It pained Kenma to see Yachi so happily declaring that her boyfriend was Kuroo. It pained him to see how he resembled her, with their small frame, and blonde hair. It pained him to know that even thought all the former holds true, he was not the one standing next to Kuroo anymore.

Kenma couldn't bear it anymore and ran past the girl and into the guest room, which had been tidied out unbeknownst to him, and locked the door. Breathing ragged breaths, he slid down the door, his back to the door, and started silently sobbing uncontrollably. He knew that his actions were incredibly rude to Yachi-chan, yet he still couldn't bear to look at her.

There were knocks on the door. "Kenma-san? Kenma-san! Are you okay? Have I offended you in some way?" A muffled female voice asked frantically, along with knocks on the door. Kenma ignored the noise submerging himself into his own world. Soon the knocks died away, and Kenma had cried himself to sleep, still sitting against the door.

He awoke at the sounds of knocking on the door. "Kenma! Kenma! Goddammit open the door!" The knocks sounded louder. Kenma gradually came to and stood up, puffy eyed,. He opened the door rubbing his eyes still half awake. He opened the door to a furious Kuroo, and a frantic Yachi behind him.

"I let you into my dwelling, into my house, paid with my expenses, yet you don't even have the decency to not be rude to a guest, and girlfriend of mine?!" He threatened. Kenma could hear Yachi yell protests from behind him and punches against his back. Tears threatened to break and Kuroo saw this, as his expression weakened.

"I'm sorry, I-I'm sorry," Kenma continuously repeated, looking up at Kuroo, as tears streamed down his face. Yachi's protests died down, just as Kuroo anger did.

Yachi gently pushed a shellshocked Kuroo out of the way and put her arm around Kenma who had still not broken Kuroo's gaze. She guided him through the hall and onto the couch whispering gentle words into his ear. Kenma didn't take notice of her and let himself be guided as he kept his eyes on Kuroo, searching.

Searching for something. Anything. Hate. Pity. Disapproval. Sadness. Or maybe love?

He found pity.

@@@

Yachi sat next to Kenma worriedly. Kuroo was in the kitchen making tea. He didn't bear show his face after making the boy, which wrenched his heart in an odd way, cry. He hated how he couldn't have been the one to comfort him. He hated how he was the one who made him cry. He hated how he was afraid to look at the boy when he needed him most.

"Are you okay?" Yachi asked gently her hands on Kenma's arm.

Kenma nodded slightly.

"I'm sorry," she said, "Kuroo had no right to yell at you like that. I must've offended you when... I know and saw how close you two were in highschool. Something must've happened between you two since it became such a touchy subject. Everyone could see how much you and Kuroo lov-"

Kenma desperately covered Yachi's mouth which surprised her. Her expression softened and Kenma hesitantly moved his hand.

"Please, please don't talk about that again," Kenma said bitterly.

Yachi bit her lip then nodded, just as Kuroo walked into the living room with a tray of tea. Kenma stared at Kuroo, begging him to look him in the eye.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you," Kuroo apologized first, meeting his gaze. "I'm sure you and Yachi already reconciled."

"I'm sorry too, for being inconsiderate," Kenma said quietly.

"So we're good?"

Kenma forced a smile.

@@@

Kuroo had walked Yachi back home, and Kenma retreated into the guest room for the night. There was a futon on the floor, and he had brought all his belongings from work.

Kenma laid down on the futon, and laughed maniacally. All that you remember is the past now, Yachi. You might as well forget about it too.

@@@

These two chapters main plot is Kenma crying im sorry

And this kurooxyachi thing is really making this hard for me to write sorry if i offended any kurooxyachi supporters ;;

Maybe making yachi>tsukki wouldve been better than this heterosexual relationship

NOT THAT I HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST HETEROSEXUALS