one hundred.

「 april 13th, 2014 」
the night before it all fell apart

dear kate,
i'm sorry for what i'm about to do to you, to everyone, but just know, there was nothing you could have done. it's my own fault kate, my own fault that i was weak and that i let my demons win. and after everything nonetheless. the doctors my parents took me to, the medications they had to buy, the endless cycle of manic phases then depressive phases i've endured for so long. after all that, and i let my head win kate. i gave up, and i'm sorry for that. i'm sorry i couldn't be that smiling girl i was whenever we were together because she's not real, even though i always wanted her to be. i'm sorry we couldn't always be together like i promised, but nothing lasts forever.

by the time you read this i won't be here, but i don't want you to waste your life trying to get over my death. please, don't forget about me. but don't cry too much over me either. i'll miss you, and i know you'll miss me to, but please find a way to move on. and i know you will because your stronger than me, and i've always envied that. it will take a lot more than my death to break you kate, or at least that's what i hope, so prove me right. and look out for them – jasper, zinnia, azalea, and my parents. they'll need it.

and thank you, for all the smiles and laughs you gave me. they really meant more to me than you'll ever know. lastly, remember, you can't save everyone. if you can accept that, maybe, just maybe, i can protect you from a little bit of the hurt you would have come across trying to save someone who can't be saved.

goodbye,
your friend forever and always, rose