Chapter 1

Aelin
Slowly, my eyelids fluttered open. Where am I? I don't recall anything like this place in any forest at home. I mean, it's a beautiful place and everything but it's not home.

All of a sudden, I heard voices. Male voices. They were walking toward me with slow, cautious footsteps, rustling in the leaves. Quickly, I shifted into my Fae form and checked I could use my flame. The Gods were finally on my side. I slid my feet into a fighting stance and waited. While I prepared for a fight, I realised something: wherever I was wasn't in Winter like in Erilea. It's Spring here. Where in the world am I?

The voices got closer;the footsteps slower. The first glimpse of the males I caught was fiery red hair, like my fire from Mala Fire-Bringer herself. As they got closer I saw the other male, golden brown hair and slightly darker skin. They entered the clearing, fully armed.
"Who are you?" The blond male demanded, clearly the leader of the two.
"Why do you want to know?" I snapped, aggravated by his tone. No one spoke to a queen like that. This time, the fiery red haired male answered, "Because, trespasser, this is his land and unless you state your name and purpose in his lands, you will be killed."
"What land is this?" I wondered aloud.
"Don't pretend like you don't know!" Barked the blond male, "You're a spy for Rhysand aren't you?"
"Who? I don't know who Rhysand is or where I am!" I yelled back. The red-haired male surveyed me suspiciously before answering me, "You are in the Spring Court. I am Lucien Vanserra, Emissary to the High Lord Tamlin" he said, gesturing to the now snarling male, " Now who are you?"
" My name is Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen."

A/N
Hi! Hope you enjoyed my first chapter. I tried to include all of Aelin's cockiness and all of Tamlin's arrogance
Thanks for reading!