Chapter 4

Aelin

"Who?" The males asked in unison. I was taken aback by their question. They hadn't heard of me? How? Everyone across Erilea had heard the lost princess was alive and fighting. Why hadn't they?
"You haven't heard of me?" I asked.
"No! Why would we? You're a trespasser in my land" growled the blond male, Tamlin.
"Because, I am the most famous Queen Erilea has ever seen. And the most dangerous" I replied, creating a spark with a snap of my fingers. Tamlin looked confused and looked to the red-haired male, Lucien, who was just staring at me, mesmerised.
"What? I know, I'm gorgeous!" I said flicking my hair over my shoulder. Tamlin let out a low growl that reminded me painfully of Rowan and glanced back at Lucien.
"Explain" he snarled at the still staring male.
"Tam", he said quietly, "She's like me." confusion washed over Tamlin's features.
"What do you mean I'm like you? I'm nothing like you!" I demanded.
"You're a flame-wielder, like me" my eyes widened in shock. I'd only ever known one other flame-wielder. And he was dead.
"What?" I asked,stupidly
"You're from the Autumn Court aren't you? I'm not going back. You can't force me!" Lucien practically yelled, looking terrified.
"Whoa. Calm down. I'm not from the Autumn Court, I don't even know where that is. I'm just trying to figure out where I am and how I got here" I took a deep breath and said four words I never thought I'd say to strangers, "I need your help."

A/N

Hi! I was feeling inspired to write and this was the product. Hope you enjoyed!